The multiplayer is pretty much dead and somewhat broken now at the end of 2020.
- This has to be done in a public match. "Private" and "Practice" don't count.
- A minimum of 4 players is required.
- You can switch the region before looking for a match by pressing
in the multiplayer menu. "North America" might have most players left.
- Boosting with a player party is not that simple: you can group up to a party of up to 6 in a lobby, but the game will not start until another random player outside of your party joins the game. To make this work you should not invite the people you want to boost with to your session. Instead make sure you all have the same region selected and use match making to be paired up together.
- Choose something other than "Beginners Only". Players above level 10 cannot join that lobby. "Team"-based matches are a better choice.