Shadows Lords is a complete new way of playing Killer Instinct. Even if you're a good KI player you will struggle with it if you don't follow its rules.
Basically, the idea is to prevent corruption from spreading over the continents, thus avoiding the arrival of Gargos. For the purpose of this achievement, you will want him to appear, and appear as weak as you can by removing his buffs.
In order to remove his buffs (health regeneration, bigger health, instinct and shadow drain, etc..) you 'll have to defeat his omens. Each omen appears after 50% corruption is spread over one of the five continents. The best strategy is to focus on four continents at time, enabling the possibility of the respective omen to reach it, before three continents are fully corrupted. If you don't fight omen in that continent, Gargos will have its associated buff.
Here is the list of Gargos buffs:
- Fang of Gargos: Damage Increase
- Heart of Gargos: Health Regeneration
- Veins of gargos: Instinct meter drain
- Flesh of gargos: Increased max health
- Blood of gargos: Shadow meter regeneration
- Lungs of gargos: Shadow meter drain
- Wings of gargos: Bonus potential damage
- Spirit of gargos: Extended instinct mode
- Eye of gargos: Party incoming attacks
- Claw of gargos: Full damage on blocked attacks
While focusing on keeping on omen to appear at a day, you'll have the possibility to put all three members in the team fighting him. You probably won't need it in the normal difficulty, but it is interesting for less experienced players.
While doing this, you have to prevent any three continents to get fully corrupted, so you can fight them all. After fighting four omens, you can then let go and let Gargos arrival. No matter what you do, he will have one of its buffs, but easier to fight.
Some tips, you can follow are:
- if you don't want to "lose" time fighting, some missions are deployable. You can control the probability of success by combining member health, consumables and guardians. Prioritize them first to make the game quicker
- if you're struggling with fight, craft materials and buy packs with guardians. They help a lot. In order to maximize the materials you get, you can deploy missions on a godlike playthrough only to get them
- don't forget to go to barracks and put artifacts on the team members, especially the ones that provide more damage dealt, less damage suffered and health regeneration. Each artifact has a different time validity and helps a lot specially if you're fighting Gargos with four buffs for the
- You can also use artifacts to heal or revive team members.
But now, after the update, he can revive:
This was removed from the ultra combo site.
There are a few ways to deal with Resurrection. One is to defeat Gargos when he has less than 50% Instinct Meter. But what about when he’s actually Resurrecting? Here are some step by step tips!
1. Stay calm. You got this!
2. As Gargos is rising up from his Resurrecting, press any standing Heavy Attack
Since Gargos is armored, a Heavy Attack will cancel his Resurrection and knock him to the ground. If you do this at the right time, you can get him to about 35% life! Some characters and Guardian combinations can even take him out in a single combo!!
If you follow these tips, you won't have bigger problems with defeating Gargos while in the normal difficulty.
Hope it helps.