*** EDIT: As of November 3, 2016, with the addition of the "Breach Mode" DLC, the Tiers have a few additional Server nodes on each map that likely increase the base amount of Servers needed to complete in order to unlock these achievements. ***
I wanted to provide some information and tips for other players seeking to acquire all three Breach mode Tier achievements. I personally didn’t enjoy Breach mode, so hopefully this will help others who might find themselves in a similar situation, wanting to unlock the achievements as fast as possible and not purchasing any micro-transactions:
I won’t be mentioning how to maximize points/scores because the achievements only require you to complete
the Server Maps for each Tier, regardless of your score(s). The maps for these Tiers are quite large and spaced-out, so be sure to hold
to look around for uncompleted Server nodes (denoted by a white glow surrounding the node pillar) if the achievement hasn’t unlocked for Tier X yet.
Tier 2 is composed of only Network 2A
, which has 20 Server Maps
, that all must be completed for:Network 2A (20 Server Maps)
\S01_GARRISON, \S02_STOCKADE, \S03_THORAX, \S04_CLAYMORE, \S05_STOCKADE, \S06_TALONPIKE
\S07_THORAX, \S08_GARRISON, \S11_LAVAWALL
\S13_CORTEX, \S14_TALONPIKE, \S15_CLAYMORE, \S16_CORTEX, \S17_CLAYMORE, \S18_STOCKADE, \S19_THORAX, \S20_GARRISON
Furthermore, this means technically you do NOT need to capture Reward nodes (but you should), any Hyperlinks, or any Darknet files to complete the Tier-based achievements.
Unfortunately, Breach mode has its own Credits currency system which means that ammunition, weapon attachments, Recovery items, etc., are mostly accumulated via randomized Booster packs. That means unless you’re looking to spend additional, real cash on this game mode, you’ll have to do a small bit of budgeting with your Credits to maximize what the game rewards you with naturally. Also, any five (5) Breach Softwares found in the Story mode can be sold to the vendor of the Tech Noir store in Prague for an additional Booster pack in Breach.
Now, for some tips:
1. Use the red Unstable Cubes in the maps to your advantage. They are explosive if shot at, and can kill the smaller enemies and lower-level Turrets in one hit.
2. Try to use Takedowns as much as possible. They OHKO the smaller enemies and simultaneously conserve your ammunition (thereby saving more Credits for other things). Of course, Takedowns also make the Stealth Server nodes considerably easier to complete.
3. I recommend only upgrading weaponry that you will use AND are S or A-ranked. Feel free to eventually sell B-ranked or lesser weaponry (and any respective ammunition) that you will not be using once acquiring these powerful weapons. (Combat Rifle and Revolver were most useful for me)
4. Therefore, always have that S or A-ranked weapon or two of your choice in your inventory, several stacks of ammunition, as well as all of your HypoStim Injectors and a few Biocells. Grenades and Mines are also useful but are not mandatory. The default inventory size ought to be enough.
5. If you are killed on a map, you are given the (timed) option to Continue, Revive, or Retry. Continue kicks you back to the map screen and you lose any and all progress on that Server node; Revive results in a penalty of 10,000 Credits OR 10 Chipsets that allows respawning on the map with your Server progress saved (however, there may be a different limit of Revives per map); Retry does not save your Server progress but your Modifiers, etc. are saved for that and any subsequent attempts. When you Revive, you will respawn on your entry/escape point. Use this to your advantage: it may be less of a headache and less time-consuming (at a cost to your score which is unimportant!) to purposely kill your Avatar and Revive during the escape sequence to respawn right on the escape point! Sometimes, you can also fall into bottomless pits (at a cost of 30 HP) and Revive for the same effect.
6. Therefore, always keep at least ~50,000 Credits available in your wallet. This gives you some comfort room for Revives and additional purchases, just in case.
7. Aside from Revive fees, spend Credits for ammunition, periodically peppering-in Booster packs to replenish your stock of HypoStim Injectors and whatever else you frequently use. Only buy a Premium pack or two if you are still in need of an S or A-ranked weapon(s), but don’t ever buy Cheats or Patches—in fact, I recommend ignoring Patches entirely because they explicitly make each map more difficult to complete, and subsequently that achievement(s) more distant to unlock. Similarly, feel free to use Cheats to make maps easier, and especially to counteract any pre-loaded Patches.
8. EMP rounds/grenades/mines will be extremely helpful against Turrets and Sentry Drones since they will stunlock these enemies. Try to reserve the rounds in particular for these enemy types since EMP rounds are uncommon.
9. Only use a Nuke Virus when the respective enemy modifier is ~4.0+ (probably around starting Tier 3). Nuke Viruses are extremely rare, so maximize their usefulness by downgrading the enemy AI when it has reached a high value.
10. Try to fully upgrade your Avatar’s JUMP.aug as well as your CLOAK.aug, and your EN_MODULE.aug. JUMP.aug will help traversing the vertical maps and escaping enemies, while the CLOAK.aug will help with avoiding Cameras, Turrets, and tougher enemies, as well as the Stealth maps. Upgrading the EN_MODULE.aug (Energy) helps you do more of these things. TITAN.aug can also be very useful in Tier 3 depending on your playstyle.
Ultimately, completing all the Server nodes in Tier 1 shouldn’t be too difficult for players who completed “Give Me Deus Ex” or higher difficulty in Story mode, but the second half of Tier 2 and most of Tier 3 can be tough due to the level designs and tedium. But arming yourself with a powerful, upgraded weapon, good use of Augmentations, ample Recovery items, a quick trigger-finger, and a healthy amount of patience—you will prevail.