‘Bedroom’ is a new gamemode that is available in the first DLC of Resident Evil 7 titled ‘Banned Footage Vol. 1’. We take on the role as our poor camera man Clancy who literally can’t catch a brake as he is being held hostage by Mrs. Baker and made to eat. Here I will guide you with a written guide and a video guide depending on which you want to use on how to escape from this room.
- When the level starts she Marge will ask you a question and depending on your answer depends on how easily annoyed she gets throughout the level so I picked the safe and easy route and played along.
- Take the spoon and unscrew the wrist restraint. Now pick up the lantern from the side of the bed and look behind the white drawers beside the code locked door to find the knife and on the drawer itself in a vase is a lighter.
- Walk around the bed and interact with the alarm clock and get the hand once it falls off then go over to the grandfather clock and unlock it. Once open take the painting and shut the grandfather clock, put the Lantern back where you got it and get back into bed, putting the restraint on and wait for Mrs. Baker to come back.
- Once she leaves the room grab the Lantern again and collect the painting from the right side of the bed and take it over to the wall. Match the paintings and take the item from inside the locked book then remove the paintings and make the room how it was before by putting both paintings that were moved back into their normal spots (you will keep the grandfather clock painting the whole level).
- Now head over to the alarm clock and turn the little hand to 5 and the big hand to 12 to move the bed. Now that the bed is moved interact with the clock again and put the lantern back and get into bed.
- After Marge leaves take the fork and the stove from the trey and grab the lantern. Now unlock the door by imputing the code ‘Snake, Leaf, Apple’ and enter the storage room.
- Walk over to the bared up cabernet and use the fork to unlock it and get the solid fuel. Combine the fuel and the stove and behind the painting beside the bed will be 2 bottles and some spiders, use the stove and light it with the lighter.
- Pick up the stove, place the painting back, close the storage room door and place the lantern back and get into bed and wait for Mrs. Baker to leave again.
- Now grab the lantern, remove the painting and get the cork screw. Take the cork screw to where the lantern was and unscrew the hook then go do the same to the one in the storage room.
- Now combine the two hook pieces and place the lantern in the projector. Go to the first pillar and align the combined hooks to make the face and hair then use the fork on the back pillar to make the snake and open the cage.
- Grab the key and Mrs. Baker will storm into the room so equip the knife and walk into the bedroom where she will rush you and you will stab her. Interact with the bed and use the key to escape.
Now you’re probably wondering why I said to pick up the spoon? Well Mrs. Baker can catch you a few times if you so wish but she will lock the restraints again and sometimes do it without being caught. This will require the spoon to unlock the restraints.
Here is a video guide showcasing the above.