The easiest way to unlock a dragon is by going to 741-318-963 in the F Galaxy. For the life of me, I could not get a dragon to spawn there. So I had to go about getting the dragon the hard way.
You will need some supplies before starting: a red jewel and two pumkin heads from the trader. Also, if you have the water gun in your inventory, sell it to the trader so that you can complete a quest later.
Firstly, you need to unlock the Dragon Wizard
You will need to be able to spawn green cave mushrooms, cave mushrooms, cauldrons, have a red crystal, and two pumpkin heads in your inventory before doing this. You can get the red crystal and pumkin heads from the trader at night.
You unlock him by doing a series of quests:
You need to do a rare quest from Spooky Girl
. Go to 112-338-30 in the x galaxy and travel south to a green dot to find her quest. You will need to have unlocked the green cave mushroom, cave mushroom, and cauldron. Complete her quest to receive the red crystal
If you are having trouble finding spooky girl, you can also try:
Galaxy Coordinates: 163-193-103 D
Map Coordinates: X: -59.526 , Y: 27.072 , Z: 26.489
* Thanks to RadiantViper for the alternate Spooky girl quest location.
2) Create a huge world with us the crystal crags biome. Look for the Jewel Thief
and trade the red crystal for the dino tooth.
3) Create a hug world with the Rowdy Rainforest and look for the Dino Tracker
. Trade the dino tooth for a water pistol.
4) Create a huge world with just the Curious Canyon biome. Search for a fisherman and trade the water pistol for the dragon egg.
5) Finally create a huge world with just the Wicked Wasteland biome. Search for the dragon wizard and trade the dragon egg with him to unlock the dragon wizard.
Part two... Find the Dragon Wizard quest giver.
You will need to have unlocked the:
1) red snake
2) red frog = x12y34z56
3) dance mats = 735-480-123 in galaxy J ( Located by a green quest marker to
4) flaming torch
5) cupcake 5 blueprint
1) Load a new huge world with just the Wicked Wasteland biome. *This part was the most time consuming for me.* You have to make a huge world to be safe. Start doing every green dot quest on the map. Doing every quest will help you identify which quests you have checked. Eventually, you will find the Dragon Wizard quest giver. He wants you to give him a yellow gem, red jewel, doughnut, and orange crystal. He will then give you the crystal scimitar (used to defeat the dragon).
2) His next quest tasks you with making red frogs and red snakes. Use the discovery tool to spawn the requirements.
3) He will then ask you to paint lava.
4) He will ask you to lay some dance mats and flaming torches.
5) He will ask you to build Cupcake 5.
After building the cupcake, dragons should start spawning in your worlds. I had a fire dragon spawn close by. I attacked it and died horribly because I didn't use the crystal scimitar. I equipped the crystal scimitar, defeated the dragon, and paid 500,000 in game currency to unlock him.
ALL OF THIS AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN GET THE ACHEIVEMENT YET!!!
To get the gamerscore, simply add another player with a second controller, fire at him quickly with the dragon, defeat your guest player (you will receive an in game message on the second controllers screen saying they were defeated by you) and pop goes the achievement.
*I hope you don't have to use this method as the others are much easier. But if you get stuck like I was, try it out!
** if you are going to down vote me so any reason, please let me know why in the comments so I can improve this guide!
*** credit goes to wavy wanderers and base line for the youtube videos.
**** Happy Hunting!