First off - this is much
easier than "Going Supernova" from Blizzard Mountain. If you've got that, this one will be a doddle.
Medals are what you collect to progress in this DLC. They're earned from the Hot Wheels Career races (Exhibitions), Bucket List challenges and the free roam challenges (Speed Traps, Danger Signs, etc.). There are 177
medals in total.Hot Wheels Career races
These are the same as the "King of the Mountain" races from Blizzard Mountain. There are three medals to win in each race: one for completing, one for placing 1st, and one more for meeting a specific objective. These objectives revolve around one of three things:Lap time faster than X:XX
- Generally you have a lot of time to spare on these, you can even do them on the first lap. Pick a fast car (see the list below for the cars I used) and use the "Stunt Swap" to swap the blue track piece for the Boost Jump. It can really increase your lap times, doing that.[number] X skills
- Get 8 awesome speed skills, 2 ultimate jumps, etc. Bare in mind that for events where you have to get 15 drift skills, this does not mean 15 separate drifts - you can get multiple skills from one long drift. Turning the STM off is recommended for that one. If you're having trouble with any of these, switching to a different stunt piece may help (spiral for drifts, boost jump for jumps, etc.).Earn X skill points/X skill points in one chain
- The best place to get skill points is right at the start of the race. Passes, Clean Start, chain them together with drifts and speed skills and you can get them done in the first 30 seconds of the race. Just be wary of the AI, they can barge into you and make you lose your skill chain.
The cars I used for these races, in order of class:B
- BMW M235IA
- BMW M4 CoupeS1
- Nissan GT-R Black Edition HES2
- Lamborghini Centenario
There are probably better cars out there (especially for B & A), but this is what worked for me.Bucket list challenges
These give medals dependent on their difficulty: one medal for easy, two for medium and three for hard. There's only five of them in this DLC and only one that might pose some problems (#4). Luckily, there's an alternate route you can take through it, cutting off several seconds. Here's a run-through, courtesy of Paragleiber:Free roam challenges
Incredibly easy this time around. The four usual suspects:Speed Traps
- A 1500hp Lamborghini Centenario will breeze through them.Speed Zones
- Same here, use a maxed out Centenario.Danger Signs
- Ditto. Centenario.Drift Zones
- Use what you're comfortable with, whatever got you through the base game. They're nowhere near as hard here though. You can't go wrong with the Toyota Celica '74, though I'd recommend the Hot Wheels Ford Mustang to work towards the drift achievements for that car. Don't forget the drift tunes and to turn STM off.
If you've got some suggestions or if I've got something wrong, please leave a comment below. Thanks for reading, go get that achievement!