Go to "Games" to see if you have Pet Rescue in progress or upcoming. Here are the details:
* New Gnomes (Pet Gnomes) will only appear in Ranked PVP, Casual PVP, or Arena
* Defeat Pet Gnomes to unlock a limited time (1 hour) Pet Rescue Event for you and your guildmates
* Only 1 Pet Rescue can be active at a time, so defeating a Pet Gnome while an Event is running will drop Pet food instead
* Pet Rescues require players to defeat 8 battles that get increasingly harder to save the Pet from their captor
* Each Battle will give a reward, which may contain a pet or some pet food
* Winning all 8 battles will guarantee the Pet from the Event for that player
* Each player in the guild must earn the pet from the Pet Event by themselves (so while it unlocks for everyone in a guild, it plays like a solo event)* Once per week a scheduled Pet Rescue Event will happen for 24hrs allowing players to attempt to rescue that Pet
* New Pets will first appear in a scheduled event then have a chance to appear from Pet Gnome events
Once you complete the 8th battle, make sure to collect your reward. You can try as many times as you want within each scheduled event.
I had a lot of trouble with the last battle, but I'm only Level 190 at the time of writing this. My team score was just under 4,800. If you don't want to play the 8th battle 100+ times like I did, you'll probably need better stats and troops than I have.
Basic strategy is to boost the heck out of Carnex using Sparkgrinder until he hits really hard. Sort of a variation on Black Beast/troop spawning. Bone Dragon and Green Slime for extra turns with skulls and mana.
If you have better troops, you should have an easier time.
Per Gunstar Red
, if you are in a Pet Rescue event while it ends, you will not be able to start another battle.