50 grenade kills. Potentially the most troublesome achievement of the lot if you want a fast completion. Firstly, for those unaware of how to use the grenades:
to pull out your grenades. Press it again to cycle between Concussion, Smoke, Molotov and Frag grenades should you be carrying multiple types of grenades.
to show the grenade trajectory assist (note, this is made by the developers to be inaccurate at ranges, so don't count on it if aiming at a small window from say 20 metres away.
Optionally, when you tap
you will start cooking the grenade, starting its five second fuse
before it will blow up.
will switch between throwing underhand or regularly. Be cautious when trying to underhand a grenade say, off a balcony, as it will more often than not land at your feet even though the aim-line showed that you'd be safe.
Letting go of
at any point after pulling out the grenade will cause you to throw the grenade, unless you haven't cocked the pin by pressing
; and only by pressing Y to cancel the grenade before
letting go of
So, a couple things to start off:
- Knockdowns with grenades and them bleeding out does not count. Neither by killing their team or waiting for bleedout timer.
- Finishing your teammates' knockdown with a frag grenade does NOT count.
- As for most of the [kill x amount of players with x weapon or equipment] achievements, you can down an enemy by any means, so long as you finish the player off with whatever you're trying to progress the achievement of
What does count:
- Any kill in a solo game
(Sanhok is unreliable, I recommend not playing that map until it is fixed if you're only after achievements)
- Finishing a knockdown of your own with a grenade. (The knockdown could be with anything, but finishing has to be with a grenade.)EDIT:
Tip from Acurate Bob on my Crossbow solution, although I haven’t tested this, he reported if your teammate crossbows an enemy you downed, you get crossbow kill progress; if this works I would assume the same thing works for grenade kills.
There's a few ways you can go about doing this:
- Play squads with some cooperative friends.
- Play solo squads so you can knock down an enemy and finish him with a grenade
- Play actual solo
The latter might be harder for some as they can obviously shoot back if they're not knocked down, however it was how I went about doing it.
try to always have grenades on you, and ALWAYS prioritize grenade kills even if you're trying to work on other achievements as well; Something I didn't do and cost me some time.
Now you can go as hard on this as you want of course; Personally I played the "Anything for a grenade kill" way, dying a few times with no kills as a result.
If you don't care about fast completions, a squad of friends will be the easiest yet not fastest
way of doing it.
Depending on your skill level as a player, and your strategic preference, only you can be the judge on whether or not you want to hot-drop to find people quickly, or want to sneak up on people late-game.