Easy Guide to Unlocking 'Death from Above'
Here is a simple method to unlock the achievement, suitable for players all of skill levels.
1. Create a Boosting Session on TA with a requirement of 6 players
2. In Battlefield V, the Host must Navigate to Play-Multiplayer-Create Community Game
3. Add a Config with the following settings and save it:
Game Size: 64
Game Modes and Maps: 1 Round, Conquest, Panzerstorm
Minimum Players: 4
4. Return to the 'Create a Community Game Screen' and press
on your config to create the game.
5. From here, players can join manually by searching by Game Mode and Map and looking for your server. Tip: By inviting players through the Party or Xbox Guide, they will automatically join your squad. In order to have players on both teams, at least one player must manually join the server to be placed on the opposing team. From here, they can invite other players to balance the teams.
6. You should be set up so that there is 3 players on each team. Each player will be assigned a role, which will rotate as players earn the achievement. One person from each group will be going for the achievement at the same time.
CHARLIE GROUP (C Flak Gun)
1 -- German Pilot (the person going for the achievement)
2 -- Allied AA Gunner (the victim - the 'man' in the manned emplacement)
3 -- German Support Spotter (the pilot's teammate who is the best target to aim for)
DELTA GROUP (D Flak Gun)
1 -- Allied Pilot
2 -- German AA Gunner
3 -- Allied Support Spotter
7. As you deploy, note that the Spotters should choose the Support class with the Ammo Box and AT Mines as part of their loadouts. The Pilots will choose the aircraft with the maximum number of high-ordnance bombs (ie. 4x 250lbs).
8. The spotter and the gunner from each group make their way to a specified emplacement. The flak gun by C (the small house) and the flak gun at by the dairy farm barn are both recommended sites.
8. The Spotter arrives at the gun and places one AT mine on the emplacement. They then will step back and shoot the mine, which should reduce the flak gun to 39/100 health. By now, the gunner should have arrived and can enter the AA gun.
9. The Spotter can now make use of the ammo box to throw additional AT mines down literally as close the gunner as possible to facilitate maximum damage.
10. The pilot can now deploy and fly to the site. They should be approaching the bomb site from afar at a medium height, and prior to approaching should have equipped the bombs by selecting
11. Dropping a bomb requires the Pilot to get their bomber on a good line (direction and angle of approach) for the target, and then they're going to need to dial in that bomb drop by using the
. Doing this when having the bombs equipped will give you a view from the underside of the aircraft. When the crosshairs line-up with you teammate, the Support Spotter who should be right on your target, drop your bomb with the
This will take a few tries and practice for all but the most experienced pilots. Some general tips are to reduce speed completely once close to your target; use the
rather than the
to make slight adjustments to your angle of approach; approach from a good distance away so you can set up your bombing run.
12. Target Hit: Hopefully, the Pilot dropped their bombs and destroyed the emplacement, killing the enemy gunner inside. The Pilot should have used all 4 bombs, and will need to fly through a restock point (translucent ammo crates at each end of the map). While they are doing so, the Supply Spotter will be repairing the AA Gun and damaging it back to 39/100 health, while the AA Gunner redeploys and makes their way back to the AA gun. Once everyone is reset (and the bombs are re-equipped; there is a time delay) the Pilot can go for another bombing run.
Target Missed: The pilot restocks while the AA Gunner and Support Spotter wait. Tip: It is is possible for the Pilot to successfully kill the AA Gunner but not destroy the emplacement at the same time. Consequently, they should pay attention to the text awards upon killing the enemy, and rely on the feedback from the Spotter ("No, you got him but the AA Gun is still standing."). For this reason you should turn on the Xbox Achievement tracker as it will update for each of the five required kills. Tip: Pilots who struggle to restock their bombs and/or reset for a bombing run may wish to simply crash their plane and re-spawn a new one.
13. The Pilot repeats steps 10-12 until they get the achievement, and then players rotate roles.
With some preparation, some patience, and some practice, all 6 players should be able to get the achievement in no time.