Genji armour is a staple of the Final Fantasy series, often being one of the best sets of defensive equipment in the game. It's no different here and there are only two sets in the game, consisting of Genji Helmet, Genji Armour and Genji Gloves.
The first set can be obtained by digging up the three pieces during the Chocobo Hot and Cold sidequest. For more information on those, see Diggin' It and Beach Bum but in summary:
- Genji Helmet - Obtained by using a Dead Pepper on the mountain crack on the east of the Forgotten Continent, North of Oeilvert.
- Genji Armour - Obtained by digging up Chocograph #21: Outer Island on the Eastern coast of the Outer Continent.
- Genji Gloves - Obtained by using a Dead Pepper on the ocean bubbles located on the Southern tip of the Forgotten Continent.
The second set can be obtained by stealing the three components from various bosses in Memoria during Disc 4. Equipping Zidane with Bandit and Master Thief will significantly shorten this process. The pieces of armour and the bosses they can be stolen from are:
- Genji Helmet - Steal from Kraken.
- Genji Armour - Steal from Maliris.
- Genji Gloves - Steal from Lich.