To unlock this achievement, you will need to get a fatality against the same opponent 25 times in any of the Tower related modes; including Towers of Time
My recommendation is to follow these steps:
- In the main game settings, change Rounds to Win
. This will allow you to get a fatality in every fight.
- Go to the Klassic Tower
mode, and choose Survivor
(only tower where 1 round works).
- At the character screen, select any character you're comfortable playing as, and set the difficulty to Very Easy
- Perform a fatality in this fight, by getting the opponent to the Finish Him
state, and then doing the button prompt. If you're not certain what the prompts are, go to the Move List
and pin it to your screen.
- Proceed to the second fight, and as soon as you gain control of your character, pause, go to Tower Select
, to start the tower again.
- Repeat this process until you perform the fatality against the first opponent of the tower until you have 25 (or more), and unlock their severed head.
- Go to the Krypt, go to the Warrior Shrine (connected to Courtyard), and place the head on the respective spike. Unlock the achievement, and gain the rewards of the chest.
Following these steps, a head can be earned in as little as 35-40 minutes. Since the character chests at the warrior shrine can also unlock victory and intro poses, this may be a decent grinding method for those interested.
- It is possible to do this using an AI fighter if you prefer.
- Leaving and returning to the Klassic Tower mode will shuffle the towers, so you may need to do this a few times to target the fighter you want if done across multiple session.
- Many users have reported that Brutalities also work, but they seem much less consistent.
- You will not get the notification of the head reward if you haven't been in the Krypt yet, however it will be your inventory once you do, if you've done the 25 fatalities.
NOTE: As of a recent patch, heads now only require 25 fatalities.