This is a tough game! You will probably need to make extensive use of rewind and save states to beat it.
Use password 0077405
to start on the last level.Tips:
- Get in the habit of pointing your turret in the direction of upcoming enemies so that you can get one or more shots in before they fire. Your machine gun is mostly unnecessary, as the same button (X) will change the position of the turret.
- Letter icons either replenish health or provide different types of ammo. Activate the ammo needed to get through different crowds of enemies, but don't use too much too quickly.
- To hit the turrets on top of buildings, you'll need to use a specific type of ammo. Wait until they stop firing (or fire just as you enter their range, before they start shooting) to get them.
- Save every time you successfully kill an enemy or group of enemies without getting hit.
- Sometimes you'll have to take 1-2 hits to progress. If you take more than that, you'll probably want to rewind.
- Running over soldiers replenishes life.
- At the end of the level, you'll reach the capitol building. Destroy all four turrets and then shoot the door until it explodes.
- The final boss has three forms. Activate all of your ammo types and shoot it as rapidly as possible until the first form dies. Do the same to the second form after it stops being invincible, and so on. I ran out of ammo at the third form, but still managed to defeat it.
- The Achievement should pop just after the ending starts to play.Full Playthrough Video:
- Beginning of final level (approximately): 18:41
- Capitol building: 20:14
- Boss fight: 20:36List of ammo types and items:https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Iron_Tank/Getting_Started