This achievement is for capturing the Wintermoon Nettle endemic life. You must progress the story to the
fight to unlock the northern portion of Hoarfrost Reach.
This jellyfish like creature has a chance to spawn at the summit of Hoarfrost Reach on clear nights.
You may be able to spot it by looking at the southern peak in Area 14 with the survey set or binoculars but you will have to climb to the summit to verify that it has not spawned. To reach the summit:
1. Spawn into the Northeast camp, run over to Area 13, use the northern Wedge Beetles to traverse the chasm. Once you have reached the furthest northern beetle swing in the opposite direction and grab onto the beetle that is higher up.
2. You'll then land in a snowy area and have to jump below onto a ledge with a wall you can parkour up. Run up the wall and jump to the opposite one and then angle your jump onto the blue climbing wall. Climb to the top and jump onto the higher ledge. You can then parkour between the walls to get to the top and swing across another chasm with a Wedge Beetle.
3. Position yourself on the air vent pointing towards the ledge with honey and when the steam blasts you will be launched to that ledge.
4. Run past the honey and use the beetle to reach to the lower portion of the summit.
5. Take the path to the left and climb up the blue wall to reach the summit with 3 mining nodes.
If the jellyfish has spawned it will be floating around the summit peak and you can capture it with your net when it floats nearby. A Ghillie Mantle is not required.
It is recommended to stack the Felyne Zoomaster and Felyne Biologist daily skills from the canteen to increase the chance of encountering these creatures. You can maintain these skills between night cycles by moving between expeditions and not returning to a base.
On the right side of the lower portion of the summit is an
You can mine near it to earn ~1000 research points which is a nice consolation prize if the jellyfish has not spawned.