Getting an S Rank means that you can only get hit 0 or 1 time during the entire level.
Below is a video walkthrough of my S Rank run through of Perimeter along with some tips and tricks to make a successful run. Use Seed 2 to get the same map layout as me.
Remember to use the debug and backer menus.
First of all, you will want to bring up the debug menu. On the main menu highlight Options and then hold down
, and then
. Make sure to turn on infinite ammo and infinite grenades. It would best to not turn on infinite health so you can tell if you have been shot. Also change the level to The Lab. If you want the same map layout as me use seed 2.
Next you will need to bring up the Backer menu. Go back to the main menu and highlight Options again and then hold down
, and then
and choose backer 7 Jacqui. Also select Perimeter as the starting area.
Make sure to change your difficulty to easy on the options menu.
Co-Op: I personally found that using the second controller trick that I used for my S Rank run through of HQ made the boss battle harder since the boss had double the health. If you wish to still use the second controller co-op trick below is a short explanation.
Some tips to make a successful S run.
- An S rank run means that you can only get hit once.
- When going through rooms always go up when you can get a chance. Side rooms tend to only have survivors and will have a dead end.
- To get quick kills against any enemy throw your grenade directly at the enemy. A direct hit will instantly detonate the grenade to kill the enemy quickly.
- Prioritize the gun turrets that shoot in all directions. Throwing a grenade at them and getting a direct hit will instantly kill the turret. There is a cooldown period between grande throws.In the event that you cannot throw a grenade you do have enough time to kill it with your gun, but you must start shooting it immediately. If you have a second delay you have the potential to get shot.
- Enemies can spawn near wall covers, so be on the lookout for those enemies. They will stick their heads out for a second to indicate that they spawned behind a wall cover.
- You can roll with
, so if you are about to get shot try rolling away. Please be aware that if you are shooting it will have a second delay before you can roll.
Boss is pretty straight forward. Boss will shoot bullets at you and will come in either groups of one or three shots. Biggest issue would be the spiders that spawn and run at you. A direct grenade hit will take out most of the spiders instantaneous.