This is a complement for the great solution from LifeExpectancy
and what to do if the achievement doesn't unlock even if you did everything right.FIRSTLY, SOME IMPORTANT TIPS:
IF THE ACHIEVEMENT DIDN'T UNLOCK FOR YOU, DO THE FOLLOWING (CONSOLE ONLY):
1) Pause the game and choose "Save/Quit
". Keep pressing
until the main menu of Halo: TMCC appears and finally close the game from the dashboard:
, select the game, press
and choose "QUIT
". You'll return to main screen of console dashboard.
2) With game totally closed, delete your local save (just the local save, NEVER CHOOSE "Delete everywhere
Select the game, press
and select the option "Manage game & add-ons
". Go to "Saved data
", on the right side, choose your save (it will have your gamerpicture and gamertag). With your save selected, press
and choose the option "Delete from console
", just the local save will be deleted.
3) Go back to main screen of console dashboard pressing
. From here, you must became offline:
, go to "Settings
" » "General
" » "Network settings
" and choose "Go offline
4) Play offline again until you complete the achievement requirements exactly as it was explained above in "THE ACHIEVEMENT:
5) After the cutscene, you land on the corvette’s deck and you regain the control, pause the game, choose "Save/Quit
", go to Halo: TMCC main menu and quit the game from the dashboard.
6) Repeat the step "2)
", deleting your local save again.
7) Now, repeat the step "3)
", but this time you must select "Go online
If you done everything right, the achievement must unlock when you are online, still on the dashboard. If this doesn't happen, just start the game normally, wait until the game loads the main menu. Press
on main menu and wait a couple minutes. During the wait process, you can play any mission solo or any kind of multiplayer game, just keep the game running while you wait.
My friend rafa1000house
helped me with this solution of deleting the local save. I did everything this way and I unlocked the achievement on my first try. Good luck!