So this achievement shouldn't take too long to get, especially not if you want every achievement in the game. To put it bluntly, you get more kills the better you are at the game. Here are my tips for how to improve at the game and blow this one out of the water:1. Learn the controls.
You can't customize the controller setup, so you'll just have to learn the controls. Learn to use
to fire your power as often as possible, use
to reload whenever you're out of combat and use
to swap between weapons when in a tough spot. These are the most important buttons, so learn them by heart. You'll also sometimes need to pick things up with
, such as keys or bombs.2. Choose your character.
You've got four choices to go for. I'm going to assume you're playing solo, and I've made a tier list. From best to worst:S-tier, Devil
- His anger is incredibly useful, and his power has bonkers killing potential. When you kill enemies, your damage, speed, and power all increase, so you'll be running through your enemies. Your power also destroys enemy projectiles, so it works as a shield and a sword. He's easily the best character in the game.B-tier, Sneaky
- Although not as good as Devil, he has his uses. He's better dodging in critical situations due to his teleport, he deals more consistent damage due to his reload bullet, and he actually deals more damage over the course of a level. However, his power still doesn't match up to Devils killing potential, but at least he has better escape options.B-tier, Panic
- Almost as good as Sneaky, but lacking a bit in the damage area. His power is arguably better, but his passive traits make him trail a little bit behind (bullets are 2 times faster). If you feel like you're getting no value out of sneakys teleport, try your hand at Panic and see if his dash is more to your liking.
Or, alternatively, pick the best character in the game, Devil.F-tier, Bunker
- Ok, this isn't even fair. Bunker was made solely for co-op play, rendering him basically useless in solo. His power isn't that great, his passive works almost as a nerf, and his extra heart really isn't worth it. Don't pick him for solo play. However, he probably works really well in co-op.3. Use mutations cleverly.
Later on in the game, you'll have earned mutations that you can equip before entering the game. By depositing crystals into the banks in-game, you'll be able to bring mutations into your future games. The mutations I recommend, are:
- "Second Chance" (2 vials. The shield protects you from losing tons of life in a single moment)
- "Catalyst" (2 vials. This one is especially if you're playing Devil, as you'll be able to have your power active almost always)
- "Infirmary" (3 vials. It's just nice to always enter a new floor with some extra health)
Other than that, experiment with what you've got.4. Practice
Finally, play the game and get a feel for it. After playing through many rounds, you should get more and more comfortable in the game mechanics, and going through the rounds should become easier and easier.
I won't go into details on the weapons as there are so many. I might look into it if I write a walkthrough, but for now, this should be plenty. Good luck on the hunt!