ONLY ACHIEVABLE DURING PHASE 2 OF THE STORY:
After a certain event, your intrepid crew will get to experience new areas of space. There is a massive black hole, and at least 2 areas that give you the warning you are looking for "WARNING: BLACKHOLE" what this means, is that if your crew exits the craft, they will be instantly gobbled up and die. Unfortunately this does not trigger the achievement.
The Black Hole demands the whole ship. So massive warning, if you care about the equipment and crew. Do what I did, and do this on a quick second playthrough. The easiest mission that guarantees your path will cross the black hole is "DEPLOY PROBE TO STUDY BLACK HOLE"
1) Make sure you are in the area that states WARNING: BLACKHOLE when you first enter the area
2) Disable your engines. EMP from the Security Officer? Captain succumb to injuries? (I haven't confirmed that one). Or the absolute easiest way, have your engineer take the points away from the engines while they are sitting at the engineer console.
3) Wait the initial 15 second doomsday count down
4) Wait another few seconds as yet another doomsday count down happens for some unknown reason
5) Achievement unlocks and you watch your intrepid crew go to the unknown.
As a reminder, you can only encounter the behemoth during phase 2, phase 3 there was none to be found.
EDIT: Tupper29 confirmed that if your Captain is not in their seat it will start the blackhole countdown. And the secondary area is called Chronos Photon Sphere.