If you grind low health enemies for “Rest in Piece” then you will also have to grind damage for “Total Devastation.” TheAaronLad and I used this method to grind damage in Escape. You can get between 10 to 20% achievement progress per hour depending on your card levels (more below). TheAaronLad also made a video showing an example run (see bottom).
This method boils down to killing Ice Scions with salvos in a custom escape map. We chose Ice Scions because they have lots of health and pose little threat. Salvos have lots of ammo, do high damage, and are easy to spam. Demolitions is probably the best class for this method. It has good bleed and high damage ultimate ability.
I created a custom escape map for this method. It is called Ice Scion Grind with shareable community ID TK5T1Y. We only used the mutator for extra health, however you may use more to further increase enemy health. The weapon and locker spawns are set randomly whenever you reload the map. However they will stay in the same place when restarting checkpoint. I am sure there are ways to better optimize this map. Feel free to share your own creations in the comments below.
1. Enable extra health and any other mutators you want in the lobby
2. Start the map, exit spawn, continue through chapter checkpoint
3. Place salvos on the various lockers if you need the extra ammo
4. Open the door at the end of this path, straight ahead
5. Barely enter the door to spawn the scions
6. Start retreating immediately so they cant hit you
7. Blast the ~100 Ice Scions with salvos until they are dead
8. Restart chapter and repeat, starting from step three above
1. Razor Hail – Increases your DPS
2. Spotter Support – Drops more rounds for Artillery Strike
3. Confirmed Kills – Allows more uses of Artillery Strike
4. Officer’s Prerogative – Improved Artillery Strike
5. Concussive Strike – Slows the scions from advancing
Low level card commentary – My cards were all level one or two. I could kill ~100 Ice Scions about every three minutes. About one minute of this time was spent adding salvos to lockers. This translates to 1% progress every six minutes. I was able to obtain 10% progress in about an hour.
High level card commentary – TheAaronLad has these cards at much higher levels. It took him about 1.5 minutes to clear the scions. He relied less on using the lockers. The lack of setup helped make his progress twice as fast (approximately 20% per hour).
1. The passive ability for Demolitions lets you target up to five additional targets. Be sure to target multiple scions before using Artillery Strike to spread more damage.
2. You want to maximize splash damage with the salvo to get the most bleed. Aim for groups of scions to spread damage and maximize your DPS.
3. I was unable to trap the scions in the spawn room. I would slowly retreat into the other rooms as they advanced. The venom was never a problem.
4. After spawning the scions, I would grab a salvo and walk backwards while spamming rockets into the scions.
Example Run by TheAaronLad (pre operation five):