My main concern, when beginning the game, was to be able tο get all achievements with only one complete playthrough. So, this is not a detailed solution only for the specific achievement but I think this was the most appropriate place to post it...
- The game is not extremely difficult even in the highest difficulty level but rather presents a nice challenge. So, it is totally possible to begin directly in Supreme Jerk difficulty AND win all achievements with only one complete playthrough (and generally limited save-load manipulation when making major game choices). Obviously, to be successful in this, you have to suffer some spoilers by knowing beforehand the outcome of the major game choices before selecting them.
- Character creation is, in my opinion, not so much of an issue, even at the maximum difficulty level, as long as you stick to the following principles: each character should have only three (or maximum four) skills and also the entire team should use all different weapon types (because of the general scarcity of the ammo). As an example, my team of six had one shotgun, one rifle, one assault, one heavy and two pistol-specialized characters (so no close combat for me). One skill for each character was dedicated to their corresponding weapon and the other 2-3 skills did not seem to matter much, as long as they were different in each character. All skills were important in my opinion, so do not leave any skill out of your team. If only one character has a skill, the team can take advantage of it, no need to have it on multiple characters.
- As written in above solutions, barter, weapon modding and armor modding skills can be assigned to characters that are not part of your team of six and remain in the HQ to be used at specific times.
- What worked for me as an update path for my characters (confirming Jagd Gray Wolf
's solution) was to first increase only the Intelligence attribute so that I could gain the maximum number of skill points every time I leveled up. After reaching maximum Intelligence, I mainly increased the Awareness (for ranged damage) and Coordination (for AP) skills and, to a lesser extent, the Speed and Strength skills. With the above, you will have characters that hit hard and have high-level non-combat skills early on (meaning that you have access to almost all conversation options and to special skills such as pick-locking, disarm traps, hack computers, etc. that provide alternative ways to complete missions early on), the disadvantage being that they will have little strength, so they die quickly and are not able to wear very heavy armor. This is not game-breaking because Health Aid and Injury healing kits can be found (or purchased) in abundance, even in Supreme Jerk or you can always run to a doctor (there are a lot) for complete healing. I am not saying the above is the only upgrade path, I am just saying that this worked for me until the end in my Supreme Jerk difficulty run.
- As companions, I started with Darius Kwon and Lucia Wesson and stuck with them until the end.
This is a great game, an RPG from old times and I totally enjoyed my time with it.