StarVenger is a minigame that can be played in various stations in the bar. It's Rebel Galaxy's version of the classic arcade game, Astroids. You need to gain 25,000 points in game to get the achievement and it unlocks a new side mission.
There is no easy way to get this achievement, only persistence, some experience and luck. Tips and tricks.
- Stay generally in the center of the screen and avoid the edges when all possible.
- Lead your
shots, let asteroids and flying saucers move towards the hailstorm of your shots rather than trying to precisely shoot them.
- Tap the
acceleration button rather than holding it to move places. Movement builds momentum, momentum causes drift before you can come to a stop and steering becomes harder the faster you go.
- Move slowly, be patient and stay calm. Dying in this game can start 2-3 lives lost in death chains. You'll be spawned randomly and with a very short invincibility window to reorient yourself. It's often possible to spawn right into one death trap after another.
- Asteroids come in three sizes, large, medium and small. Large breaks down into two medium, medium breaks down into two small. Shoot smaller asteroids first when possible. Shooting too many larger asteroids can quickly fill the screen with fast moving objects that are difficult to track, dodge and shoot.
- Red enemy ships should be prioritized when they appear. As levels progress, they move faster and are more likely to actually shoot at you rather than randomly.
- Diamonds are worth the most points BUT chasing them can quickly get you in trouble. Try and pick up diamonds that are slow moving and/or moving towards you. If they're moving too fast or moving away from you, it's best to ignore them. You cannot ignore all diamonds though, if you don't get about 3500-4000 points a round, you're eventually going to get to higher levels where you will quickly get caught in death chains. So you want to get your high score as early as possible, even if it costs you a life, just not all your lives.
- This seems like common sense BUT take a break if you're getting angry. Remember, this is an arcade game from the 70's, it was designed to be brutal so it could eat your quarters. This is one of those games where the harder you try, the harder you fail. So play it when a cool head.