This mode features a ghost that chases players around until they either beat the mission or die trying. Other than that, it is just basic Junkenstein rules, so feel free to watch one of those guides if you've never played Junkenstein before or are having trouble with the waves!
Here are some notes based on my time playing this mode:
- The ghost spawns about 10 seconds into the match and immediately starts chasing one player
- The ghost chases one player for about 10 seconds, after which it stops for about 3 seconds and then selects a new player to chase
- When the ghost has locked onto you, there will be a creepy sound that plays so you know you've been targeted (which is quite useful in case you aren't looking in his direction)
- The ghost cannot take any damage, so do not waste your shots
- The ghost moves at about 3/4 the speed of a normal player, so he is pretty easy to outrun... as long as you are paying attention
- If the ghost gets close enough to any
player (not just the one he is chasing
) he does pretty significant damage, so you will want to take him seriously (he can kill in about 3 seconds)
- For best results, I've found that the person being chased by the ghost should run down the middle/bridge area (toward where most of the bosses spawn) so that you can lead him around without running the risk of accidentally getting too close to one of your teammates
- Once the ghost stops chasing you, return to your normal position and resume fighting the waves of bots
- While your teammate is being chased by the ghost, just carry on fighting the waves of bots, and/or keep your teammate healed up if the ghost is damaging him
The team comp I've found to be the best out of my time playing is one consisting of Torb, Zen/Ana, Brig, and Tracer/Soldier. You definitely want a good amount of healing output from multiple sources (especially since if your healer is being chased by the ghost they won't be able to heal much), and you absolutely need a Torb in this mode no matter what because the extra damage from his turret is just too valuable. Place Torb's turret somewhere near the door, keep Brig near the door for AOE heals and damage/stuns on any bots or tires that get by, and Zen/Ana and Tracer/Soldier can cover the area to the left by the stairs.
That's about it! If you have any other pointers, please leave a comment and I would be happy to add them