I see a lot of people saying they are stuck at 94/96/98%, and that this achievement is possibly bugged. Well, that is partially true, and I explained why below in the next paragraph. So, I wanted to provide as detailed of a walkthrough as possible for what is and is not required, and how I unlocked this achievement.
To clarify, the achievement itself is not bugged. It tracks everything accurately. The issue seems to be getting the correct gigs to appear on the map. That is the buggy part of this achievement, not the achievement itself is buggy, or that it is tracking incorrectly.
First, here is what you do NOT need to do:
- Buy any of the vehicles in the Watson area (it is a separate achievement, "Autojock")
- Complete the job "Beat on the Brat: Kabuki"
- Complete the job "Fool on the Hill" (it is a separate achievement, "The Wandering Fool")
- Complete the job "Shoot to Thrill"
- Complete any of the "Epistrophy" jobs
- Complete the job "Human Nature"
- Complete the job "The Gig"
- Complete the job "Psycho Killer" (it is a separate achievement, "I Am The Law")
- Go to the "Fixer" icon at any point (although, some users have reported talking to Regina directly/in-person helped any remaining missions appear on the map, so it's worth a try)
What you DO need to:
- Complete all NCPD Open World activities (can be found in the map, setting the filter to "Open World"). These are the light blue icons, and have labels such as "Assault in Progress", "Reported Crime", etc. Simply go to each one and complete them. My biggest tip to get these done as quickly as possible would be use the mantis blades. I found I could just rush in, chop everyone up and be done with it in a matter of seconds some times. Reserve stealth for missions/gigs/etc. that require it.
- Complete all Gigs (can be found in the map, set the filter to "Jobs"). Also check the Gigs section in your Journal
- Occasionally, when you complete one of the 2 above, you get what is essentially a follow-up job. These are simple: go to a location, loot something (and others, but IIRC this was the most common type). You must complete these as well. They are also usually close by to the job/gig you just completed.
- Have a Street Cred level of at least 35. At this level, the last NCPD activity (blue icon) becomes available in Watson. I completed my last gig at Street Cred level 37 (I did a few extra jobs elsewhere to raise it), so I'm not entirely sure if this affects what I've mentioned below, but something to keep in mind)
- Complete the Act 2 story mission "Playing for Time". This mission takes place at the start of Act 2, and completing this mission unlocks the Cyberpsycho encounter called "Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual", followed by an additional gig called "Gig: Scrolls Before Swine". You will need to complete these 2.
- You need to complete the job "Reported Crime: Worldly Possessions". Even though this mission takes place outside of Watson (in the Westbrook area), it does have the Watson icon, so it must be completed.
Now, at this point, I was at 98% for quite some time, and tried almost everything in my "what you do NOT need to do" section above, and it was not unlocking, so I was getting a little worried. What I did to finally unlock the last gig was progress through the story mission "Ghost Town". In this mission, you go to the "Afterlife" club and talk to Rogue. Once I got to the point in mission where my current objective was to "Meet with Panam", I noticed there as a new yellow ? icon on the map. Once I got close, Regina called me and and the gig called "Gig: Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy" started. Once I completed this gig, the achievement unlocked.
Some other miscellaneous things I wanted to mention:
- Sometimes, there would be a job icon where the prophet guys is speaking. I can't remember his name, but he is located near Vik's/Misty's location. You have probably heard him when you are in the area. He is quite loud! After speaking to him, sometimes a job/gig icon would appear on my map. Try talking to him as well.
- Really, the best way to see what you need to do (aside from the map) is to go to your Journal and look under "NCPD Scanner Hustles" & "Gigs". Look for any with the Watson icon and complete them. This is where you will spot the "Reported Crime: Worldly Possessions" task. If you were solely looking at the map, you may have dismissed as it is not in the Watson area, but does count towards the achievement.
- While you are doing the "Ghost Town" mission, you might also have another other main story mission to choose from: "Automatic Love". I personally did not even start this mission at all when I got the last gig "Gig: Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy" from Regina after progressing through mission "Ghost Town". The only reason I mention this is because "Ghost Town" has a Watson icon, while "Automatic Love" does not (it is Westbrook), even though it takes place in Watson. Just something I wanted to mention.
- Go to your Shards (press start, hover over Journal, select shards). What I did was go through ALL of them, and made sure none of them were labelled as "New". For some gigs/jobs, you do need to read specific shards that you pick up as part of that gig/job, so make sure you do that as well. You can alternate between down on the d-pad and A button to quickly read them all (or take your time and actually read them, if you are interested of course).
- I've seen some people mentioning you should clear your console's cache. I never did this, and I've unlocked the achievement. But it is something to try if you're still stuck.
- Try progressing through Act 2 (or wherever you are in the story) slowly. It seems progressing through either a part of a mission or completing a mission entirely will unlock further gigs/jobs on the map. But also make sure you have a high enough Street Cred level!
That is about all I can think of that I wanted to cover. I have not seen anyone mention the "Ghost Town" mission or the "Gig: Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy" gig/job anywhere, so I wanted to mention those specifically and write up this guide and compile all the other various tips I read/tried myself to help people out. This is my first every guide for an achievement here on TA, so I wanted to be as thorough and detailed as possible. I hope this helps you unlock the achievement!