Getting Gold is tough and takes a lot of practice. You need to beat each level with at least 3:30 left on the clock. Some tips:
- Most enemies have a combo weakness (check the Book of Knowledge). Always use it on them.
- I don't bother balancing my Yin-yang meter; it's normally completely white, with all the attacks I do. Instead, I use it for a quick burst of instant-kill energy after dodging one attack. (This has the added advantage of leaving it almost full, ready to be used again.)
- This is a very good way to kill the blocking monks, ninjas, and generals. Dodge an attack (usually by ducking), then activate Yin-yang and instakill them.
- When beating on bosses, use Yin-yang whenever possible. Try not to die; losing your Yin-Yang meter can make a boss fight take 3 minutes instead of 1.
- Evil Souls are useful (since you don't have to waste time meditating to regenerate health) but take time to collect. I like to collect three of them, then use them as a smart bomb to kill two more Evil Soul enemies.
- In the second area of the Harbor, enemies seem to have pathing problems. I hung out at the bottom left to avoid wasting time waiting for them.
- In Waterfall, as soon as the bomb ninjas appear you can blow up the rock and the statue without bothering to clear the rest of the enemies.