In order to obtain a Myrrh medal on any given level in South Park Tower Defense you are required to pass a certain Score for that level depending on the number of enemies, waves and stages in that level. During my first playthrough of the game with a friend on Hard we managed 9 Myrrhs out of 11 total levels. Depending on your skill level with the Tower Defense genre this will either be very easy or could prove quite challenging. Here are a few hints and tips to help you obtain the necessary score.
- Difficulty affects your score, harder difficulties have more enemies generating a higher score but also making it much more difficult, the difference between Hard and Insane is daunting to say the least.
- On Hard difficulty you are not required to perfect every wave of each stage, in order to complete the levels you will need to perfect most of them however letting a couple enemies by will not make this unobtainable.
- Choose your tower types and placements wisely, strategic use of towers and your characters definitely makes the difference between an easy complete and a nail biter.
- Score is based on enemies defeated and coins collected and is multiplied by the number of perfect waves in that stage. Try and perfect every wave if possible, however 7/9 perfect waves (for example) is still enough to get you a Myrrh on Hard.
- Upgrade your towers, one upgraded tower does more damage than 2 level 1 towers. Information regarding what towers are good against each enemy type is available in the scrapbook.
- Use walls and towers to funnel your enemies around your towers and force them to take long winding paths, giving you more chance to attack them.
- DO NOT block the exit, the enemies will smash through any towers and walls to make a straight beeline for the exit.
I found probably the easiest level to get both this and the Platinum medal (Insane required) on was challenge 1, using the characters special abilities and setting up the 6 towers required to block the straight path made this a joke, just make sure you pick towers that help with the types of enemies in that level. Having 4 players is recommended but not required since a player can throw snowballs faster than the AI does, increasing the uses of your special abilities. I would sugggest Kyle, Cartman, Craig and Pip for your 4 characters due to their special abilities.