Okay this one is pretty simple, once you have gained access to 'The North' in the Third Act, you will want to ride to Tall Trees located West of Blackwater, Great Plains and Beecher's Hope (which is the Marston family farm.) By this stage in the game you will likely have a weapon which can easily deal with the bears, I used the Henry Repeater as it has 12 shots and is powerful enough to kill a bear in two shots, take plenty of ammo. Zoom in to Tall Trees on your map and place a waypoint on (believe it or not...) the bear!
- I never found a bear at night so start the hunt in the day.
- STAY on your horse for an easy getaway if necessary.
- After every 1 or 2 kill & skins use your campfire and save!
- Save 2 or 3 times so the game clock rotates to daytime again.
- Don't forget you're Dead Eye!
Good luck and enjoy the whopping 5G