There are a total of 42 extras in the game. The easiest way to complete them is to simply play through everything else and then use the Osiris jetpack to finish off any that are remaining.
1) Surface Skimmer – Keep the altitude warning for 60 seconds. Using any wings, gain a high speed and then fly close to the water and just travel along until it is completed. Having a high speed means that if you’re about to hit the water you can lift a little and carry on.
2) Pocketfull – Collect 50 crystals.
3) High Altitude – Hit 1km in altitude.
4) Sky High – Hit 3 km in altitude.
5) Entering Orbit – Hit 5km in altitude. You will complete all altitude extras when travelling to Ascension.
6) Handfull – Collect 25 crystals.
7) Crazy Fast – Reach terminal velocity.
8) Hold On! – Hold terminal velocity for 30 seconds.
9) A Little Longer! – Hold terminal velocity for 60 seconds. For the terminal velocity goals head from Ascension directly down until you hit top speed. Then change the angle of your drop so that you are in a large downward spiral. You should get this before hitting anything, but if not try again starting from higher up in Ascension.
10) Barrelfull – Collect 100 crystals. Simply collect the relevant number of crystals for these extras. You will achieve the crystal extras whilst completing all goals.
11) Long Flight – Fly continuously without landing or crashing for 4 minutes.
12) Trans Atlantic - Fly continuously without landing or crashing for 8 minutes.
13) Take a Break! - Fly continuously without landing or crashing for 12 minutes. As stated, fly around without landing on any platform or crashing for 12 minutes in total for these extras. You will probably get them when trying to collect all of the crystals, but if not head to Ascension and fly slowly downwards so that you will avoid crashing.
14) Booster – Collect a boost crystal. First opportunity for this is to head right from the starting platform in Arctasia and fly near the one there.
1) Arctasia Landing – Land on the gold platform in Arctasia. Simply fly away from the platform, circle around and then land back on it.
2) Low Blow – You must fly through the lower tunnel at a high speed. Simply gain lots of altitude and then fly down so that you reach a high speed, then go through the tunnel next to the lake with a large ice crystal above it.
3) Spear point – Reach the highest spire in Arctasia where the green platform is.
4) Spring Time – Start the Super Climber challenge by landing on the green platform and follow the checkpoints until you hit the thermal and can see the only green tree in Arctasia. Fly next to it for this extra.
5) Uplifting – After collecting all of the pink crystals the fan jet to Ascension will activate. Travel up it to unlock this extra.
6) Spit Out – Travel through the snow cave below the gold platform (next to the lake) and fly out of the other end.
1) Spiral Heights Landing – Land on the gold platform in Spiral Heights. Simply fly away from the platform, circle around and then land back on it.
2) Top Tunnel - Fly through the top entrance to the inner cavern next to the waterfall, through a large gold ring.
3) In the Roots - Fly through the middle/lower part of Spiral Heights where all of the twisted roots are. There are quite a few crystals around this area.
4) Lower Tunnel: Either navigate through the inner cavern to reach the lower tunnel or fly into the entrance next to the waterfall, roughly 2/3 of the way down.
5) Buzz the Squeebils – Gain as much altitude as possible in Spiral Heights, then collect a boost crystal. Fly past the Squeebil village at the top of the area at a high speed for this extra.
1) Oasis Landing – Land on the gold platform in Oasis. Simply fly away from the platform, circle around and then land back on it.
2) Side Door - Fly through the tunnel on the front of the temple where the water is coming from, then fly downwards and right through the next tunnel and back out of the temple.
3) Hail to the King – Fly through the tunnel on the front of the temple where the water is coming from, then turn around and fly through the back passage, carefully manoeuvring through the sliding doors. Simply fly past the Squeebil statue
4) Mini Temple – Fly as high as possible in Oasis, then gain terminal velocity by heading straight towards the ground. Once you reach top speed, fly over towards the mini temple next to the purple structure (there is a Squeebil rescued in Gathering the Flock there which you must scare for this extra).
5) Open Sesame: From the Squeebil in the Hail to the King extra, grab the boost and fly up the passage and out of the cave.
6) All-Seeing Eye – Fly close to the large lens at the top of the great temple. Use the thermals to get the altitude if necessary.
1) Sporelle Landing – Land on the gold platform in Sporelle. Simply fly away from the platform, circle around and then land back on it.
2) Dark Tunnel – Head to the bottom of the pits and from the Squeebil village fly through the tunnel without the boost next to it. It is a fairly narrow gap to the left of here.
1) Magma Core Landing – Land on the gold platform in MagmaCore. Simply fly away from the platform, circle around and then land back on it.
1) Ascension Landing – Land on the gold platform in Ascension. Simply fly away from the platform, circle around and then land back on it.
1) Ridiculous Speed – Hit 500#.
2) Ludicrous Speed – Hit 750#.
3) Sonic Boom – Hit 1225#. You can see your speed on the top right of the screen, although you might not be able to check when going at a speed this high. You will get this while trying to get 25 checkpoints.
4) Getting Started – Hit 5 checkpoints.
5) Locked On – Hit 15 checkpoints.
6) Stay on Target – Hit 25 checkpoints. Use the Energy Wings found on the floating rock at the top of MagmaCore for this as they have the best stats for turning.
7) Rime of the Mariner – Hit 10 checkpoints using the Albatross wings, found inside the inner cavern of Spiral Heights.