Here are a few rules to play by so you can finish this game without dying:
1) Use the SCARAB
2) ONLY use a health pack when you are in a fight, otherwise wait around and let your health regenerate.
3) When you get low on health, wait till close to the last moment to use a Health Pack
4) Watch to make sure you are not holding on to the same model of chips. The number of the chip is the chip model, the letter that comes after the number is the version. Always keep the newest version (the one with the highest letter) and assimilate the other one.
5) When you level up, focus most of your points on the two middle stats (HP regen and Endurance). I would always make sure to give the most points to the middle stat. For instance: most of the time I would give one stat 1 point, another 2 points, and the middle one 3 points.
6) Most of the time you can allow for auto use of upgrade chips. However, be aware of what upgrades you need, and use the chips accordingly. It's ok to put a color chip in a place you wouldn't normally place it. For instance, a blue chip on a green spot, as long as it's needed and the numbers are high enough to work better than any of the other green upgrade chips. When roaming around fighting the little enemies, use the upgrade chips that boost your XP (if you've got them), unless you're fighting a large wave of enemies, then you may want to use HP/Energy boosting chips.
7) You should NOT have to use your Health Packs more than maybe 5-8 per level.
8) When exploring and fighting minor enemies, use XP boost chips as much as you can. The faster you get to level 20, the better off you'll be.
Boss Fighting Strategies:
1) Use Ground Pound when the boss does not have a shield up.
2) Before your fight, be sure the appropriate upgrade chips are being used. Focus on energy boosts and HP boosts.
3) When fighting the last two major bosses (at the end of the last two levels), turn your sheilds on at the appropriate times.
4) You will use Speed Boost a lot for the second (arachnid) and third bosses. I used speed boost a lot for the second and less for the third. However, use Ground Pound when possible to inflict the most damage.
5) By the end of the game (right before the last boss - Marduk) you should have your endurance stat FULL. All you'll need to do is make sure all your upgrade chips are energy boosting related, and then turn your shields on BEFORE entering the arena, and leave them on the entire time. I took -1 damage for every hit, which barely did anything to my energy bar which took all of the damage.