***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SOLUTION CONTAINS SPOILERS***
With this guide you can complete the game in less than 8hrs (and that's with me making some errors). Please note that this is not a fun way to play the game - the real charm of this game is built through the side quests and your interactions with NPCs. I think on my first run I took over 10hrs in Episode 1 alone!
I would be interested to know fastest times though. I think it should be possible to get this down to under 6hrs.
I'm assuming that your Hard run will be your second and so you are aware of the general game mechanics. Any specific problems, PM me.
- All you need for this run is the INFINITE WRENCH, the INFINITE MAGNUM, the WESLEY SPECIAL and the RADIO.
- The vast majority of enemies can simply by sprinted past. There are, however, some that are required kills for key drops - most notably the zombie cops in the second run through the Sherriff's Office - or to unlock areas.
- Press start to skip cut scenes, run everywhere and use the radio whenever the game lets you (this is less often than you think!)
- The Wrench is for all normal enemies. Really fast to kill them.
- The Magnum if for bosses only. Too much effort on normal enemies.
- The Wesley Special is only for wall crawlers. If you're good enough with the Magnum then you can skip this too and probably knock 30mins off the completion.
These are the things that you will need to do outside of the main plot line. Ignore everything else.
Side Quest 27 (Anna's House) (12pm)
Side Quest 28 (Anna's House)
Side Quest 1 (Becky's House)
Spend the next portion of time getting all bones
However, you will be unable to get tree of Anna bone yet
Pick up flower when it starts raining
Side Quest 29 (Quint's Trailer) (4pm)
**INFINITE WRENCH GET**
Side Quest 4 (Sheriff's Dept)
Side Quest 5 (George's House) (10pm raining) - Note that this didn't work for me but it is where I got the radio on my first run. For some reason this time George decided to run around at the parking area at the north of the map. While hilarious this wasn't very useful... If this happens then you'll have to load up Chapter 2 again.
Get tree of Anna bone
Side Quest 11 (Hotel) - You need to go out of the hotel and then back in to trigger this.
**INFINITE MAGNUM GET**
Side Quest 49 (Albireo Graveyard) - The reason I start this in Chapter 9 is that it is raining in Chapter 8 and I am pretty certain that Brian will not be available.
Side Quest 50 (Brian's House)
**WESLEY SPECIAL GET**
Then it's a quick burn through to the end of the game.
For the bosses:
Thomas - same as on any other difficulty. Aim, shoot, dodge. Rinse and repeat.
George - get close, stand your ground and after dodging use lock on and your Magnum. This works on both 1st and 2nd forms. Get your FBI Special out for the final part of the fight and just keep firing at the axe until you hit it. The fight should only take about 5 minutes.
Kaysen - use your Magnum for all forms. The doll in his pocket is easier to hit than it looks. Even so, it will probably take a couple of tries. Still, will likely take less than 15 minutes to defeat his second (third?) form.
The following are very useful:
Side Quest Guide - http://shshatteredmemories.com/greenvale/sidequests
Map of Greenvale - http://shshatteredmemories.com/greenvale/map
Thanks to Serge Goujon for pointing out that the original links had long expired