As the other solutions have said, being "In the Money" means finishing in 3rd place or higher. I for one only play One in the Chamber and I do have a few really good tips for that:
- First, DONT HIDE LIKE A COWARD. You do get points when other players are eliminated (you get 3 lives), but nowhere near as much as you do if you go out and bank kills. I've NEVER (okay, once or twice) been the last man standing in OitC, but i'm always "in the money."
- Dont shoot if someone shoots at you, at least not right away. If they shoot and miss, there's a 90% chance they'll charge you with the knife, thinking you have no ammo as well.
- Try not to force yourself to shoot. If a guy is running in a straight line, BLOW HIS ASS AWAY. If he's swerving, wait until you get a clear shot. And DONT shoot from the hip. Your aim is crap unless you aim down the sights, trust me.
- If you have Slight of Hand Pro, it makes a TON of difference. This lets you aim down your sights considerably faster, meaning you can pop off a more accurate shot than another guy who may be aiming down as soon as you fire.
UPDATE - I've been informed that perks DO NOT come into play in Wager Matches. I swear I do have Slight of Hand Pro active during Wager Matches, but I might just be going crazy.
- Watch the radar. If you see two close red blips but no kills made, that means two idiots completely missed each other and are probably charging head on with knives. If you can get there, kill one of them then get the other guy.
(FYI, you get an extra bullet everytime you make a kill)
- DONT do the "High Roller" wager matches. Unless you're really good, you'll be in debt in no time. The buy-in alone is 10000$ and the gametype is chosen at random. The other two matches are 10$ and 1000$, respectively.
- Even if you get eliminated, don't bail out of the game yet. If you're in the top 3, there's a good chance you'll still come out with a profit. One time, I got killed twice within the first 20 seconds, but still won with a 30000$ profit!
- When it's down to 2 or 3 people, then you can hide for a bit. After a period, the Spy Plane comes online and it's easy to end the game quick. It's up to you to decide if you should run to your enemies or if they should run to you. Either way, STAY MOBILE.
- Lastly, good luck! You'll probably get in games with people that REALLY suck (0/3, anyone?) and people that are absurdly good.