Site Wishlist - Archive

Archived site wishlist posts

Top Five / Easter Egg lists

• Implemented
  • XystraXystra214,325
    Posted on 29 June 15 at 04:42
    How about a couple pages that show ALL articles in specific "series" of pages?

We could use a page showing all "TA Top Five" articles, and another one for all "Easter Egg" articles, and it would be really nice if they were searchable.

As they are, it's a pain to go to the most recent one, then scroll down to the end of the article (without going too far and into the comments), and, if it's there, clicking on the link for the previous article, and repeating this whole process five times, just to get to the 5th-most recent article.

Any other recurring articles that we need cataloged?
  • YaziteYazite494,596
    Posted on 29 June 15 at 07:47
    If you go to Editorials and Features Forum you can search for "Top Five" or "Easter Egg" and it will show all the articles that match the search.
    Steam ID: EYazz
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,834
  • WEB 78OWEB 78O623,726
    Posted on 29 June 15 at 22:03
    I've thought about how handy a header would be for recurring features as well...

+1
    JBB
  • XystraXystra214,325
    Posted on 30 June 15 at 01:27
    Thanks for the comments, folks!

And thanks for the idea, Yazite, on how to do it with what we already have. But I just tried it, and it doesn't work. It shows EVERY post, including every comment under each article, so there are still thousands of posts to wade through. And they're sorted by "relevance" as determined by some algorithm, so they're not in any kind of order that you can use to find what you're looking for.

I just want one page with a link to each article in the series: One page listing and linking to every Top Five article, and one page listing and linking to each Easter Eggs article.
  • YaziteYazite494,596
    Posted on 30 June 15 at 07:21, Edited on 30 June 15 at 07:21 by Yazite
    When searching, you could also tick "Search title only" which will filter your search to the title of the thread only. This saves you a lot of time.
    Steam ID: EYazz
  • SpilnerSpilner1,153,834
    Posted on 30 June 15 at 09:06
    For now you can sort posts by date when searching by clicking the date header. But I do think to build on your wishlist item that making new news categories for reoccurring features such as easter eggs and top five.

Search isn't an ideal work around.
  • Posted on 30 June 15 at 23:49
    I can get behind this. +1
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • XystraXystra214,325
    Posted on 20 October 15 at 08:21
    Any progress on this? I haven't seen any Easter egg articles lately, but I know I've missed a few Top Five due to not having seen/found them.
  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,256
    Posted on 08 November 15 at 05:46, Edited on 08 November 15 at 05:51 by DaveKinetic
    Top Five's have all been added to the the "Article" category which can be found here: https://www.trueachievements.com/newslist.aspx?category=artic....

I'll ask about getting the previous Easter Egg articles added to this as well, although I'm not sure how possible this will be though, as there is a very specific reason for this particular news category.
    TA Social Manager | TA Newshound | TA Community & Events Team | @DaveKinetic | YouTube DaveKinetic
  • Information
    Posted on 24 November 15 at 03:36
    This post was archived by DaveKinetic
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads