Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series Finale Trailers and Screens

• KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,149,025
    Posted on 24 March 18 at 18:01Permalink
    looking forward to starting this now that's it is finished.
  • Halcyon PureHalcyon Pure491,957
    Posted on 24 March 18 at 18:11Permalink
    Will there be a series 3?
  • Cr4ck Sh0t23Cr4ck Sh0t23962,565
    Posted on 24 March 18 at 18:24Permalink
    Halcyon Pure said:
    Will there be a series 3?
    Here's hoping. It would be silly for them not to make a 3rd series since there are so many unused villains they can incorporate.
  • Posted on 24 March 18 at 18:27Permalink
    Might be the first time I replay a Telltale game just to see another outcome.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7418,463
    Posted on 24 March 18 at 19:05Permalink
    For the first time in history, your choices in a Telltale game actually matter!
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl155,188
    Posted on 24 March 18 at 19:38Permalink
    Dresden N7 said:
    Watch the only difference be some of the dialog, and the overarching plot still be the same.
  • Kyuubi AlphaKyuubi Alpha929,305
    Posted on 24 March 18 at 21:23Permalink
    so glad now i have both versions ready to go good and bad can't wait until tuesday
    Posted on 24 March 18 at 21:59Permalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    Watch the only difference be some of the dialog, and the overarching plot still be the same.
    Not this time, it seems. We have what looks like villain Joker and Harley vs. Batman. Or vigilante Joker and Batman vs. The Agency. Not a lot of room for overlap there.
  • Posted on 24 March 18 at 22:03Permalink
    I'm hopeful. If they pull this off right, it could absolutely end up as one of Telltale's better series.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
    Posted on 24 March 18 at 22:45Permalink
    Dresden N7 said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    Not this time, it seems. We have what looks like villain Joker and Harley vs. Batman. Or vigilante Joker and Batman vs. The Agency. Not a lot of room for overlap there.
    The Agency doesn't feature at all in the Villain trailer, so what its role is in that story isn't clear.

Believe me, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. But knowing Telltale, these trailers are cut from the same cloth, and the scenes are only going to have minor differences between them.
  • Posted on 25 March 18 at 00:00Permalink
    Fuck, Yeah!!! I will play this game anyways on Tuesday and Farcry 5, too. Can't Wait!!!! clap rock
    Thomas Widurksi
    Posted on 25 March 18 at 05:44Permalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    The Agency doesn't feature at all in the Villain trailer, so what its role is in that story isn't clear.

Believe me, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. But knowing Telltale, these trailers are cut from the same cloth, and the scenes are only going to have minor differences between them.
    But that would mean their earlier statement about 3 shared scenes and 3.5 hours of content across two storylines (meaning 1 hour and 45 minutes for each version) was a complete lie. I don't see why they would get our hopes up when they could have otherwise stayed silent.

We'll find out in a couple days, either way.
  • madmaxeymadmaxey361,808
    Posted on 25 March 18 at 06:03Permalink
    Can’t wait for episode five!! Hope another season is in the works.
    Posted on 25 March 18 at 06:05Permalink
    Dresden N7 said:
    zeldafanjtl said:

But that would mean their earlier statement about 3 shared scenes and 3.5 hours of content across two storylines (meaning 1 hour and 45 minutes for each version) was a complete lie. I don't see why they would get our hopes up when they could have otherwise stayed silent.

The exact wording was

3.5 hours of content across two separate storylines
    That doesn't necessarily mean that all of that 3.5 hours is unique to a one storyline or the other. That's what you'd expect it to mean, sure, but TellTale is known for being misleading.

As for the three shared scenes, why do people think that's some kind of proof that the storylines are divergent? "Scene" is a pretty loose term, and previous episodes had maybe three to five major set pieces. If that's what they mean by "scene," then most of the story is shared.
    Posted on 25 March 18 at 12:28Permalink
    I would have agreed with you if this was any other Telltale game, but too much work has been put in for them to utterly cop-out at the last second.
  • Posted on 25 March 18 at 22:35Permalink
    Roll on Tuesday!!
  • neeker75neeker751,005,794
    Posted on 26 March 18 at 00:10Permalink
    I played this game with a lot of presumptions. In Season 1, I was thinking whatever thing I do, Harvey will burn his face, and will turn. Ended up when I made the other choice in my Win 10 replay, his face wasn't burned (still turned though). I didn't know that until I'm too far into pissing John off in Season 2 though, so I'm guessing he'll be a villain in my run.
  • Posted on 26 March 18 at 07:32Permalink
    Nice!
    "Imagine if you only woke up tomorrow with the things you prayed for today."
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 14:19Permalink
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Dresden N7 said:
    zeldafanjtl said:

The exact wording was

3.5 hours of content across two separate storylines
    That doesn't necessarily mean that all of that 3.5 hours is unique to a one storyline or the other. That's what you'd expect it to mean, sure, but TellTale is known for being misleading.

As for the three shared scenes, why do people think that's some kind of proof that the storylines are divergent? "Scene" is a pretty loose term, and previous episodes had maybe three to five major set pieces. If that's what they mean by "scene," then most of the story is shared.
    Having played both versions of Episode 5--villain and vigilante--I can safely say that Telltale was telling the truth. It's almost exactly as I laid out in my earlier post. Episode 5 is around 90 minutes for the average playthrough, but most importantly, each version is almost entirely different. That's right, the storyline for Vigilante Joker is completely separate from Villain Joker. No typical Telltale overlap and no cop-outs.

Only 15 minutes play out the same. Three scenes, just like they said, which are epilogue-like discussions with certain characters.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.