The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

[UPDATE] Xbox One Sale Roundup: March 27th, 2018

• rocking23nfrocking23nf671,263
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 03:51
    if dark souls 2 goes free with gold in 5 days im not buying another game this year
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead778,369
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 04:04
    rocking23nf said:
    if dark souls 2 goes free with gold in 5 days im not buying another game this year
    This is a 7 day sale, so wait and see ;)
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • HovinkoHovinko263,105
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 04:18
    nice list and nice x360 sales
  • PhillipWendellPhillipWendell1,012,683
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 04:20
    Dang. With a huge backlog (like everyone else here), Games Pass and Games with Gold, someone please explain why I'm seriously considering buying more games that I may never get around to p!ay.
  • sanityendssanityends420,939
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 04:37
    GoyetteQC said:
    What a terrible sorry-ass excuse of a sale. First time in forever where literally nothing peaks my interest.

FYI : The article includes the spring sale and the weekly sale.
    THIS is the spring sale?!?!? You're kidding I hope?
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong542,703
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 05:15, Edited on 27 March 18 at 05:16 by TymanTheLong
    For those who like tower defense games, or that would like to try a high quality tower defense game, I highly recommend Defense Grid 2, at $2.25 it's a steal. On top of just being a fun and engaging game, 800 or so of the Gamerscore is pretty easy to get.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,123
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 05:20
    Luckily I don’t have a gold membership, I’d be broke otherwise. Although only Cuphead has my interest, no DLC for WatchDogs 2 unfortunately.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong542,703
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 05:30
    Don Santino said:
    Is anyone else at a point where they wait until Black Friday to buy games because their backlog is so massive now? I'm just playing what I've got atm. Only really looking forward to state of decay 2 this year so I pre ordered that. Some of the AAA games that came out recently I'll pick up at the end of the year.
    I've been experiencing severe financial trouble since last summer so have been buying nothing (I had a little credit earned on my account so I did buy the $6 Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition this past week, only game since last summer). I literally have almost 400 games that can be downloaded to my XBox One at any time. I can assure you if you've been an addict for long enough you can take 1-2 years off and still not run out of things to play. After that time the games you missed will be about $5-10, you could spend under $100 and still be playing like mad for the next year, rinse and repeat.

The video game industry does need launch day buyers, and some games are more fun if you're in since launch, but I personally feel I've been a launch day buyer for so long (plus picking up tons of sales for almost everything) that I've done my duty, even when I get more flush with cash I probably won't get anything for awhile. I really want to play AC Origins and Shadow of Mordor 2, but I still have the latest Batman in my backlog, as an example, I'm set for a long time, so long as I can afford to keep Gold going.
  • snake42069snake420692,038,309
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 05:35, Edited on 27 March 18 at 05:36 by snake42069
    Just Elex, Mafia 3, Dishonored collection and Metal Gear Solid V + Ground Zeroes bundle for me, but that added up.

The xbox 360 equally broke my bank, as i bought alot more, but at lower prices. It still tallied up to about the same as the xbox one sale in terms of bank-breaking.
  • heatlightheatlight2,729,778
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 05:45
    Ah, this is the week where I'd normally stock up on the Pinball FX tables I'm missing. But then I remember the crap they pulled with the FX2 DLC and my pledge never to give Zen Studios another penny of my hard earned. Might throw it at a couple of the cheaper indie titles instead and help a developer that cares about its fans.
  • sanityendssanityends420,939
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 07:02
    Wow a lot of this stuff was the same price last year. The spring sale used to be the best one of the year what happened. I’m not here to be THAT GUY I’m just shocked by the redundancy. Sure there are things to grab off the list that are good just a bunch of the same prices really surprises me after a year. Happy hunting everyone.
  • UnfurledEmu75UnfurledEmu751,270,099
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 07:23
    Prices on europe are ridicoulous, i was interested on Batman Return to Arkham but it cost 10$ on usa and 25€ here?? Thats more than triple!
    With these prices is much more cheaper buying physical games
  • ElyohElyoh1,098,031
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 07:27
    I dislike long lists, it just ends up overwhelming me and I don't do anything laugh Backlog likes it though, I almost don't buy anything anymore thanks to GWG giving me games faster than I can complete them...
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 27 March 18 at 07:33
    I think most of the sale prices are pretty bad tbh, won't be picking anything up
  • PSYCHADELICACEPSYCHADELICACE1,191,698
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 07:34
    pixel piracy is an easy 100% just buy pistols for all pirates and you breeze through the game
  • Posted on 27 March 18 at 07:42
    HolyHalfDead said:
    rocking23nf said:
    This is a 7 day sale, so wait and see ;)
    The blog post by Major Nelson actually says the spring sale goes through April 9th so there's an extra week. Games with gold should be announced within the next 48 hours so there's no reason to rush out and buy stuff that could end up being free.
  • CheshireMulishaCheshireMulisha2,990,282
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 07:43
    Will probably pick up Hand of Fate & The Final Station dlc. (DLC I want actually on sale individually!)

A few other games that are tempting but I still have so much in my backlog I'll probably wait.
  • Dubs187Dubs187884,373
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 08:09
    forza horizon 3 expansion is not on this list but its $20 US.it was cheaper christmas sale but i think ican justify that purchase now i can finally start it after i mop up forza 2. also punch club looks very interesting, looks like it has alot of old school movie and culture references like mickey from rocky and some ninja turtle stuff to name a few.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19772,102,324
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 08:16
    Every cheap game seems a bit long for me, so I may just get the DLC for The Final Station.
    Legohead 1977
  • z0rrofoxz0rrofox418,454
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 08:43
    Hold the fucking phone.

$10 for Batman Return to Arkham in America but £20 in the UK?

That's not how exchange rates work Warner Bros!
    Like beer and want to own a part of a brewery? Buy yourself some Brewdog shares: https://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks?referred_by=R577425
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads