The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

[UPDATE] Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: March 27th, 2018

  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong276,974
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 22:53Permalink
    Legohead 1977 said:
    That's a massive sale...most of which doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

    I am assuming they will be because Of Orcs and Men is currently showing as not available in the UK and I'm sure I have seen our friends across the pond pointing out that this is not available in the US.

    Actually ignore that...it seems to be a massive Euro sale...damn you Brexit! laugh
    This has been one of those unicorn titles that has always eluded me. I guess I ought to simply pick up a disc copy (if one can even be found). Was there a licensing nightmare or similar with this title? I remember the devs being real dicks about the copy protection on the PC version.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant534,153
    Posted on 27 March 18 at 23:02Permalink
    TymanTheLong said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    That's a massive sale...most of which doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

    I am assuming they will be because Of Orcs and Men is currently showing as not available in the UK and I'm sure I have seen our friends across the pond pointing out that this is not available in the US.

    Actually ignore that...it seems to be a massive Euro sale...damn you Brexit! laugh
    This has been one of those unicorn titles that has always eluded me. I guess I ought to simply pick up a disc copy (if one can even be found). Was there a licensing nightmare or similar with this title? I remember the devs being real dicks about the copy protection on the PC version.
    According to Play Asia, it was not released in the States. It is only £5 used over here. I would be happy to ship one out to you but you need a PAL or Jap console.

    https://www.play-asia.com/of-orcs-and-men/13/705c8r
    This post may be sarcastic.
  • NendoShisuNendoShisu229,194
    Posted on 28 March 18 at 09:56Permalink
    SUGGESTION

    Is there any way the pricing can be adjusted to a default setting?

    I appreciate that it’s only one click but every week I have to change the setting from America to UK pricing.

    I would’ve thought that if I was UK based the prices should be automatically on the local currency.
    NendoShisu
  • ShinnizleShinnizle876,592
    Posted on 28 March 18 at 14:40Permalink
    Depends on your browser settings. When I browse at work on a virtual machine, I do have to click every time (and it's normal), but when I browse at home, I don't have to click every time. Prices are always in Canadian dollars. You know, cookies.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 28 March 18 at 17:13Permalink
    lll TALON lll said:
    Mafia II always on sale...but never the 2 DLC packs...waiting...waiting.
    Theres a way to get a bunch of the 2K games dlcs for free, including Mafia, Borderlands, Bioshock, etc
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant534,153
    Posted on 28 March 18 at 19:01Permalink
    JafethTheXtreme said:
    lll TALON lll said:
    Mafia II always on sale...but never the 2 DLC packs...waiting...waiting.
    Theres a way to get a bunch of the 2K games dlcs for free, including Mafia, Borderlands, Bioshock, etc
    Discs are your friend.
  • Posted on 28 March 18 at 19:50Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    JafethTheXtreme said:
    lll TALON lll said:
    Mafia II always on sale...but never the 2 DLC packs...waiting...waiting.
    Theres a way to get a bunch of the 2K games dlcs for free, including Mafia, Borderlands, Bioshock, etc
    Discs are your friend.
    Perfect Timing laugh clap
  • Posted on 28 March 18 at 19:58Permalink
    What happened to crackdown??it was on this list on the first release and now it's gone...hopefully it will be added to game pass
  • DepravedJediDepravedJedi180,166
    Posted on 28 March 18 at 19:59Permalink
    MisterCollieMan said:
    What happened to crackdown??it was on this list on the first release and now it's gone...hopefully it will be added to game pass
    It's still on sale, it just got moved to the spring sale article. Xbox 360 Spring Sale Roundup
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB603,699
    Posted on 28 March 18 at 22:26Permalink
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    That's a massive sale...most of which doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

    I am assuming they will be because Of Orcs and Men is currently showing as not available in the UK and I'm sure I have seen our friends across the pond pointing out that this is not available in the US.

    Actually ignore that...it seems to be a massive Euro sale...damn you Brexit! laugh
    This has been one of those unicorn titles that has always eluded me. I guess I ought to simply pick up a disc copy (if one can even be found). Was there a licensing nightmare or similar with this title? I remember the devs being real dicks about the copy protection on the PC version.
    According to Play Asia, it was not released in the States. It is only £5 used over here. I would be happy to ship one out to you but you need a PAL or Jap console.

    https://www.play-asia.com/of-orcs-and-men/13/705c8r
    I was just looking at "Of Orcs and Men" and it has Back Compat, which means it should be playable on Xbox One, which ignores region specific locks for backwards compatible titles. If you have an Xbox One but not a PAL Xbox 360 you should still be able to play with BC, if you pick up the PAL disc. If I am wrong, someone let me know.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong276,974
    Posted on 28 March 18 at 23:11Permalink
    TwistedTB said:
    LuckyConquerer2 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    That's a massive sale...most of which doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

    I am assuming they will be because Of Orcs and Men is currently showing as not available in the UK and I'm sure I have seen our friends across the pond pointing out that this is not available in the US.

    Actually ignore that...it seems to be a massive Euro sale...damn you Brexit! laugh
    This has been one of those unicorn titles that has always eluded me. I guess I ought to simply pick up a disc copy (if one can even be found). Was there a licensing nightmare or similar with this title? I remember the devs being real dicks about the copy protection on the PC version.
    According to Play Asia, it was not released in the States. It is only £5 used over here. I would be happy to ship one out to you but you need a PAL or Jap console.

    https://www.play-asia.com/of-orcs-and-men/13/705c8r
    I was just looking at "Of Orcs and Men" and it has Back Compat, which means it should be playable on Xbox One, which ignores region specific locks for backwards compatible titles. If you have an Xbox One but not a PAL Xbox 360 you should still be able to play with BC, if you pick up the PAL disc. If I am wrong, someone let me know.
    Wow, I haven't a clue either, anyone know?
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant534,153
    Posted on 29 March 18 at 06:26Permalink
    I thought it was on a case by case basis, and usually digitally owned games only.
    This post may be sarcastic.
  • Posted on 29 March 18 at 13:14Permalink
    Mystic Typh00n said:
    Hey

    More than 3 games this week
    Its surprising isnt it, Mr. Grohl. 😁😁
  • Posted on 29 March 18 at 14:39Permalink
    Finally Sniper ghost warrior 2 DLC...but no price listed😐
  • prakkeroprakkero280,847
    Posted on 29 March 18 at 22:42Permalink
    Last time Of Orcs and Men was on sale, tried buying it on my old PAL Xbox 360(living in USA atm), but that didn't work, didn't see the game for sale. I guess it would be possible to use a VPN and set it to some european IP, buy the game from MS marketplace, and the download it for Xbox One?
  • Posted on 31 March 18 at 11:36Permalink
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (and the Cartel, but that has a physical copy) seems to have been delisted from Xbox / Playstation / Steam.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong276,974
    Posted on 01 April 18 at 02:29Permalink
    prakkero said:
    Last time Of Orcs and Men was on sale, tried buying it on my old PAL Xbox 360(living in USA atm), but that didn't work, didn't see the game for sale. I guess it would be possible to use a VPN and set it to some european IP, buy the game from MS marketplace, and the download it for Xbox One?
    If anyone has a moron's guide to doing this, and knows that it works, I'd like to know.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.