The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

[UPDATE] Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: March 27th, 2018

AuthorMessage
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 27 March 18 at 22:53
Legohead 1977 said:
That's a massive sale...most of which doesn't seem to be available in the UK.

I am assuming they will be because Of Orcs and Men is currently showing as not available in the UK and I'm sure I have seen our friends across the pond pointing out that this is not available in the US.

Actually ignore that...it seems to be a massive Euro sale...damn you Brexit! laugh
This has been one of those unicorn titles that has always eluded me. I guess I ought to simply pick up a disc copy (if one can even be found). Was there a licensing nightmare or similar with this title? I remember the devs being real dicks about the copy protection on the PC version.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 27 March 18 at 23:02
TymanTheLong said:
Legohead 1977 said:

I am assuming they will be because Of Orcs and Men is currently showing as not available in the UK and I'm sure I have seen our friends across the pond pointing out that this is not available in the US.

Actually ignore that...it seems to be a massive Euro sale...damn you Brexit! laugh
This has been one of those unicorn titles that has always eluded me. I guess I ought to simply pick up a disc copy (if one can even be found). Was there a licensing nightmare or similar with this title? I remember the devs being real dicks about the copy protection on the PC version.
According to Play Asia, it was not released in the States. It is only £5 used over here. I would be happy to ship one out to you but you need a PAL or Jap console.

https://www.play-asia.com/of-orcs-and-men/13/705c8r
This post may be sarcastic.
NendoShisu
NendoShisu
Posted on 28 March 18 at 09:56
SUGGESTION

Is there any way the pricing can be adjusted to a default setting?

I appreciate that it’s only one click but every week I have to change the setting from America to UK pricing.

I would’ve thought that if I was UK based the prices should be automatically on the local currency.
NendoShisu
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 28 March 18 at 14:40
Depends on your browser settings. When I browse at work on a virtual machine, I do have to click every time (and it's normal), but when I browse at home, I don't have to click every time. Prices are always in Canadian dollars. You know, cookies.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
JafethTheXtreme
Posted on 28 March 18 at 17:13
lll TALON lll said:
Mafia II always on sale...but never the 2 DLC packs...waiting...waiting.
Theres a way to get a bunch of the 2K games dlcs for free, including Mafia, Borderlands, Bioshock, etc
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 28 March 18 at 19:01
JafethTheXtreme said:
lll TALON lll said:
Theres a way to get a bunch of the 2K games dlcs for free, including Mafia, Borderlands, Bioshock, etc
Discs are your friend.
JafethTheXtreme
Posted on 28 March 18 at 19:50
LuckyConquerer2 said:
JafethTheXtreme said:
lll TALON lll said:
Discs are your friend.
Perfect Timing laugh clap
MisterCollieMan
Posted on 28 March 18 at 19:58
What happened to crackdown??it was on this list on the first release and now it's gone...hopefully it will be added to game pass
DepravedJedi
DepravedJedi
Posted on 28 March 18 at 19:59
MisterCollieMan said:
What happened to crackdown??it was on this list on the first release and now it's gone...hopefully it will be added to game pass
It's still on sale, it just got moved to the spring sale article. Xbox 360 Spring Sale Roundup
TwistedTB
TwistedTB
Posted on 28 March 18 at 22:26
LuckyConquerer2 said:
TymanTheLong said:
Legohead 1977 said:

According to Play Asia, it was not released in the States. It is only £5 used over here. I would be happy to ship one out to you but you need a PAL or Jap console.

I was just looking at "Of Orcs and Men" and it has Back Compat, which means it should be playable on Xbox One, which ignores region specific locks for backwards compatible titles. If you have an Xbox One but not a PAL Xbox 360 you should still be able to play with BC, if you pick up the PAL disc. If I am wrong, someone let me know.
Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 28 March 18 at 23:11
TwistedTB said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:
TymanTheLong said:
Legohead 1977 said:

I was just looking at "Of Orcs and Men" and it has Back Compat, which means it should be playable on Xbox One, which ignores region specific locks for backwards compatible titles. If you have an Xbox One but not a PAL Xbox 360 you should still be able to play with BC, if you pick up the PAL disc. If I am wrong, someone let me know.
Wow, I haven't a clue either, anyone know?
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 29 March 18 at 06:26
I thought it was on a case by case basis, and usually digitally owned games only.
This post may be sarcastic.
EndorsedAphid33
Posted on 29 March 18 at 13:14
Mystic Typh00n said:
Hey

More than 3 games this week
Its surprising isnt it, Mr. Grohl. 😁😁
TXsportsGamer83
Posted on 29 March 18 at 14:39
Finally Sniper ghost warrior 2 DLC...but no price listed😐
prakkero
prakkero
Posted on 29 March 18 at 22:42
Last time Of Orcs and Men was on sale, tried buying it on my old PAL Xbox 360(living in USA atm), but that didn't work, didn't see the game for sale. I guess it would be possible to use a VPN and set it to some european IP, buy the game from MS marketplace, and the download it for Xbox One?
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 31 March 18 at 11:36
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (and the Cartel, but that has a physical copy) seems to have been delisted from Xbox / Playstation / Steam.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
TymanTheLong
TymanTheLong
Posted on 01 April 18 at 02:29
prakkero said:
Last time Of Orcs and Men was on sale, tried buying it on my old PAL Xbox 360(living in USA atm), but that didn't work, didn't see the game for sale. I guess it would be possible to use a VPN and set it to some european IP, buy the game from MS marketplace, and the download it for Xbox One?
If anyone has a moron's guide to doing this, and knows that it works, I'd like to know.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.