Game Discussion: Overwatch: Origins Edition Forum

OW PSA: Uprising 2.0

AuthorMessage
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 29 March 18 at 22:08
Hold onto your butts, because Blizzard just teased the return of Uprising. I know that many are still recuperating from last year (myself included). Some may even have mental and emotional scars; but we can get through this together!

So look past the bickering, blaming, name-calling, no-showing, crying, screaming, raging, ranting, de-friending, trolling, or showboating that anyone did last year. For the person who may have been your enemy yesterday, could be your enemy tomorrow.

Uprising returns Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 (most likely). Let the speculations commence compute
Keeping people in the loop since 1990.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 29 March 18 at 23:17
Oh god no new Achievements.... I might end up in an insane asylum...
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 30 March 18 at 05:45
The teaser says the uprising event was 7 years ago, but a few times in the video you’ll see it “glitch” and quickly show 8 years. There’s a good chance we may get a new mission entirely.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 30 March 18 at 14:15
From what I've heard, the common theory is that it'll be a new Blackwatch mission taking place in Dorado.

Also, lest we forget that when they bring back Uprising, they have to bring back All Heroes Mode which was completely separate. So that would be three altogether. Maybe four.
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 04 April 18 at 17:59
Ummmm, for me only Uprising achievements left. Never played before. I hope it is not going to be something crazy difficult. I really want to finish this game and never play it again untill odd character achievements. Good luck to everyone. :)
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 04 April 18 at 18:38
Zukape said:
Ummmm, for me only Uprising achievements left. Never played before. I hope it is not going to be something crazy difficult. I really want to finish this game and never play it again untill odd character achievements. Good luck to everyone. :)
It easily has the hardest achievement in the game. Definitely not impossible though.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 04 April 18 at 21:55
From what I've heard, the Legendary requirements have been modified to allow people to earn it with any heroes they wish. Don't quote me though.
AES0P
AES0P
Posted on 05 April 18 at 05:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMgzvpqzdTU peek at the new addition

please no legendary achievement I still need to finish last years since I was busy most of the eventcry
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 05 April 18 at 05:19
Epilepsy Sucks said:
From what I've heard, the Legendary requirements have been modified to allow people to earn it with any heroes they wish. Don't quote me though.
If this is true, then it will most likely be a breeze. Bastion, Lucio, Rein, and 76 would run roughshod.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 05 April 18 at 06:06
I used to be a Genji main.

Just throwing that out there.
DoctorWho426
DoctorWho426
Posted on 05 April 18 at 06:56, Edited on 05 April 18 at 07:11 by DoctorWho426
I hope they don't add a "beat Retribution on Legendary" achievement... I hope against hope they can modify the existing achievement to "beat an Archive mission on Legendary".

Though, the legendary cheev is the orisa spray, right? Kinda makes me think that's not gonna happen...

God damn, the flash backs...

On a side note, I played 80+ hours of Reinhardt during uprising last year, anyone need a rien?

Edit: now that I look at the list, they did seperate cheeves for Halloween 17' '18, and winter '17, '18. Last year was "Uprising", I suspect this year will be called "Retribution" (hold your sarcasm, please, I'm not finished speculating). Looking at last year, we can for certain expect 2 cheeves, beat Retribution with all 4 regular characters, and then 8 heros from All heros mode. I suspect that like last year there will be a map/mission specific cheev similar to pushing the payload with more than 80% hp (thank fucking God for that despawn cheese before they patched it). That's 3 cheevs, putting us at 99, and assuming 15gs, 1585gs for OW. An conversation with Epilepsy earlier had both of us speculate that they might round it off at 100 cheevs, and 1600gs. There will definitely be a "Beat Retribution on Hard" this year, so there, 100 cheevs, 1600 gs. But I suspect that there will be a beat it on Expert, and if that's so, then what's stopping them from putting in a legendary?

Junkenstien y1 was, what, easy, normal, hard? Right? Got cheves for doing normal and hard, yes, then y2 updated the difficulties, hard became legendary, and they introduced expert mode, and a cheev for that. Uprising was easy, normal, expert, legendary, yeah? Retribution will be the same...

I'm making myself depressed...

All I can hope is that they heard the utter rage we had last year at Legendary achievements and don't tie the mode to one... Though that's not looking good...

I need.to cry now...
Darkroder92
98,885 98,885 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 05 April 18 at 10:16
Yes a new mode called Retribution using blackwatch heroes that means new achievements on that mode of course PVE weather it could be Expert only or Legendary i can be Reaper he is my number 1 hero and good luck guys with that Uprising
$True Gaming $
Michel
Michel
Posted on 05 April 18 at 12:49
We doing a dream team?
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 05 April 18 at 14:02
Can a dream team be formed with Genji?
Michel
Michel
Posted on 05 April 18 at 16:11
Epilepsy Sucks said:
Can a dream team be formed with Genji?
depends, are you a pro Gengu?
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 05 April 18 at 16:41
Used to main him. Tad rusty, but he's my second most played character.
DoctorWho426
DoctorWho426
Posted on 05 April 18 at 17:55
I could probs do Moira or mcree. I'm shit at genji and passable at reaper
Dr Scruffleton
Posted on 05 April 18 at 20:15
Please for the love of god no legendary achievement.
DoctorWho426
DoctorWho426
Posted on 05 April 18 at 21:22
I hope the alter the existing achievement to say "beat an archives mission on Legendary", but looking at how the updated junkenstien, if there are individual difficultly cheevs, then there most likely cwill be a legendary....
Heartagram07
Heartagram07
Posted on 06 April 18 at 05:12
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
Epilepsy Sucks said:
If this is true, then it will most likely be a breeze. Bastion, Lucio, Rein, and 76 would run roughshod.
I was watching YouTube last night where Kephrii and xQc had Rein, Orisa, Bastion and Zen doing Uprising Legendary in All Heroes mode and that seemed a decent team comp too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.