Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

March 2018 Delistings: Little Orbit Titles, Dragon Ball Z and More

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead617,361
    Posted on 05 April 18 at 01:56, Edited on 05 April 18 at 02:09 by HolyHalfDead
    CONKER1182 said:
    Companies need to give advance warnings for when a game is going to get delisted. Even Sega has done that.
    Do you have any thoughts on how they would do that? Apart from a pm to every Xbox Live account for every upcoming delist (in otherwords a shitload of spam) I can't see it helping much.

Either you want a game and you buy it, or you don't want it and so it doesn't matter that you can't buy it.

For example, did you read this announcement? - https://twitter.com/littleorbit/status/977681509984354304 I know I don't have time to check every companies web site every day to see if there have been any advance warnings.

Take Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for example. If "75% off" doesn't get your attention to buy it - [UPDATE] Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: March 27th, 2018 then would you really have paid full price for it if they announced afterwards it will only be on the store for one more week?
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • ELBaRTiiELBaRTii535,512
    Posted on 05 April 18 at 03:33
    Piston Toyota said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Rusty Nail zh said:
    DLC for MagnaCarta 2 seems to be gone as well!
    I see one DLC available (NA)
    I did a little digging, and the Marketplace page for the EU stack may be gone, but not any of the other three stacks. May not be a bad idea to grab that while you can, it’s cheap and supposedly easy.
    Thanks for that! I have this game but didn't start it yet so I didn't know about a DLC.
    I probably should get it immediately.
  • Posted on 05 April 18 at 03:44
    Dammit, why the hell do they (almost) never warn us about these? angry It's in their financial interests to do so!

Yes I'm bitter, and the answer to the obvious question is that Trials-Evolution is the game I missed out on (Due entirely to having wanting to make a bit more progress on my existing Trials titles first before buying the one with thousands of user created tracks. It'd probably have been a May purchase. cry
  • Posted on 05 April 18 at 06:22, Edited on 05 April 18 at 06:27 by Elite1111111111
    HolyHalfDead said:
    For example, did you read this announcement? - https://twitter.com/littleorbit/status/977681509984354304 I know I don't have time to check every companies web site every day to see if there have been any advance warnings.
    That's a pretty lame argument considering, because of that tweet, we had a news article here warning about the delistings. If devs give warning, others spread the word. It's better than no one knowing.

Two Adventure Time Games To Be Delisted At End Of March

HolyHalfDead said:
    Take Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for example. If "75% off" doesn't get your attention to buy it - [UPDATE] Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: March 27th, 2018 then would you really have paid full price for it if they announced afterwards it will only be on the store for one more week?
    I'm sure some people would. If it's not a game that was on my radar, 'about to be unavailable forever' is just as much incentive to buy it as some sale.
  • RomerNakataRomerNakata134,838
    Posted on 05 April 18 at 16:05
    Damn, not Trials Evolution. Wanted to buy the next time it would go on sale.
    Posted on 05 April 18 at 19:01
    Elite1111111111 said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    That's a pretty lame argument considering, because of that tweet, we had a news article here warning about the delistings. If devs give warning, others spread the word. It's better than no one knowing.

Two Adventure Time Games To Be Delisted At End Of March
    That got 5000 views, that isn’t even close to 1% of the Xbox community. It’s certainly better than nothing, and is just one of the reasons to visit TA daily.

The Xbox 360 went end of life in 2016, so delistings should come as no surprise now. Walk into a games store and ask for an N64 game you always wanted but never bought and see how much laughter you create.

Which brings me back to “if you want it, buy it”, as one day you won’t be able to.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 05 April 18 at 19:24
    There was a Ben hur game?! Bugger me sideways
  • Posted on 05 April 18 at 19:38
    ELBaRTii said:
    Piston Toyota said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Rusty Nail zh said:
    DLC for MagnaCarta 2 seems to be gone as well!
    I see one DLC available (NA)
    I did a little digging, and the Marketplace page for the EU stack may be gone, but not any of the other three stacks. May not be a bad idea to grab that while you can, it’s cheap and supposedly easy.
    Thanks for that! I have this game but didn't start it yet so I didn't know about a DLC.
    I probably should get it immediately.
    It is very easy as one of the DLC packs grants the best weapons in the game or something. I completed that game so fast the only thing I even remember about it was the main character had the same voice actor as Ichigo from Bleach.
  • Posted on 05 April 18 at 19:42
    So glad I bought Young Justice a month ago. Its not great, but I love the series its based on.
  • Posted on 05 April 18 at 20:36, Edited on 05 April 18 at 20:44 by Elite1111111111
    HolyHalfDead said:
    The Xbox 360 went end of life in 2016, so delistings should come as no surprise now. Walk into a games store and ask for an N64 game you always wanted but never bought and see how much laughter you create.

Which brings me back to “if you want it, buy it”, as one day you won’t be able to.
    Pretty sure I could walk into plenty of non-chain game stores and find N64 games. Strangely they don't seem to have as many digital-only Xbox games.

I must have missed the part where you could play N64 games on the Gamecube, as well. But you know, Tomato, Potato, same thing.
    Posted on 05 April 18 at 20:52
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Pretty sure I could walk into plenty of non-chain game stores and find N64 games. Strangely they don't seem to have as many digital-only Xbox games.

I must have missed the part where you could play N64 games on the Gamecube, as well. But you know, Tomato, Potato, same thing.
    Not sure what point you are trying to make.

You can still walk into a game store and find Xbox 360 games. Are you saying there are stores near you that have at least one of every N64 game ever released in stock. We don’t have stores like that in my country.

You cannot play some of the delisted games on the Xbox One either. Do you think now they have been delisted they will be made backward compatible?
  • Posted on 05 April 18 at 20:58, Edited on 05 April 18 at 21:03 by Elite1111111111
    HolyHalfDead said:
    You cannot play some of the delisted games on the Xbox One either. Do you think now they have been delisted they will be made backward compatible?
    It wouldn't be the first time.

HolyHalfDead said:
    You can still walk into a game store and find Xbox 360 games. Are you saying there are stores near you that have at least one of every N64 game ever released in stock. We don’t have stores like that in my country.
    They might not have every N64 game, but I've a slight suspicion they wouldn't have many digital Xbox games.
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,100,141
    Posted on 05 April 18 at 21:50
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Why do you keep track of sales and discounts? Who do you post that info for? Surely if people wanted something, they should just buy it full price day one - preorder it even?

I saw Gunslinger in plenty of sales and it always struck me as a good deal - but I've got easily 300-400 hours worth of quality gaming in my backlog. So I look at that and think well maybe it will go cheaper before I get around to playing it. Maybe it will go GWG and Ill get it 'free'. So I didn't take the jump.

If I had known it would get pulled I might have made it 410 hours of quality backlog. I won't be losing sleep over it being pulled, but I did want to play it at some point.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,193,121
    Posted on 06 April 18 at 03:00
    Has anybody checked on the status of The Pinball Arcade DLC (xb1).

I'm getting an error msg buying the IAP packs.
  • francisrossifrancisrossi377,700
    Posted on 06 April 18 at 14:32
    Dresden N7 said:
    Ben-Hur... good riddance.

Sad to hear about The Cave and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, though. Briefly considered purchasing the latter in the past, but I guess that's impossible now.
    I thankfully have them plus UnderGarden and Trials Evo. They're the only titles there I care about, which is good. Still a shame they're going mind.
  • francisrossifrancisrossi377,700
    Posted on 06 April 18 at 14:36
    snake42069 said:
    Icarusael said:
    If I own those game on Xbox 360 but they are not downloaded/installed; can I still do it?

I can't believe this is happening on a mass scale. I mean, we pay for game like DeFormers and instead of going free with gold to give a fresh breath of air to the game allowing is to enjoy the game once more, they shut it down removing all chances to play with new players. I believe they will close the servers as well and the game will be unplayable? F*** digital games and online mandatory games.
    yes. you just go to the download history page on xbox website and just add to your 360 queue. I can still download yaris :)
    That's one aspect of the 360 that I don't miss. Much easier on the Xbone to access games you own. No scrolling through a massive list of all your purchases now.
  • EAsucks4324EAsucks4324162,553
    Posted on 10 April 18 at 13:26
    I attempted to buy Call of Juarez: Gunslinger the day of its delisting...I was so confused when I couldn't find it, especially because it was part of the spring sale.
  • DanikoltDanikolt82,677
    Posted on 10 April 18 at 18:19
    Hitman Marko said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Hitman Marko said:
    Ah Christ, I've just realised, I bought The UnderGarden in a sale recently, but didn't buy the DLC. I hope it comes back.
    Considering the DLC had been delisted before, but returned to the store just recently...yeah. Sucks, because it was only $1. I made a point to get it when I got the game just because of it's past.
    I noticed it had DLC when I bought the Game in the sale, and thought to myself I better check how much it costs, but forgot due to the sea of backlog. Turns out it was 65p. Can't get much cheaper than that, damn. I'll check now and then to see if it returns. I want to experience the Game in its entirety, it seems like a good little Game.
    I'm in the same boat. I bought the game in January to show my appreciation for the DLC being relisted, but i forgot to buy the damn DLC itself. I've checked my purchase history to confirm, and now i feel foolish.

I think it's unlikely to be relisted again, but let's hope so.
  • Posted on 13 September 18 at 14:47
    Well, I have Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (Bandai keeps milking the franchise) and it's so sad that Trials Evolutions and The Cave steps away from the marketplace.
  • Posted on 13 September 18 at 14:50
    And I was about to purchase Dance! It's Your Stage for some achievements but I found out that it was not available in my region.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.