Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ys Origin Achievement List Revealed

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 11 April 18 at 00:28
30 achievements for 1,000 Gamerscore

Please click here to read the story: Ys Origin Achievement List Revealed
Shred Asics 13
Posted on 11 April 18 at 00:49
Anyone played the original version? Curious how tough boss rush and nightmare are. Looking forward to this regardless!
AboveHunter
AboveHunter
Posted on 11 April 18 at 00:52
Shred Asics 13 said:
Anyone played the original version? Curious how tough boss rush and nightmare are. Looking forward to this regardless!
Well buddy its pretty hard in nightmare mode ive seen people stream the game and you have to pretty perfect at times or like really good and rush alot of things or take your time. so nightmare is NOT gonna be easy just thank good theres no dont die on nightmare max setttings normal will be fine with me i dont think i'll die on normal
MrBogantilla
114,478 114,478 GamerScore
MrBogantilla
Posted on 11 April 18 at 01:09
AboveHunter said:
Shred Asics 13 said:
Well buddy its pretty hard in nightmare mode ive seen people stream the game and you have to pretty perfect at times or like really good and rush alot of things or take your time. so nightmare is NOT gonna be easy just thank good theres no dont die on nightmare max setttings normal will be fine with me i dont think i'll die on normal
This is pretty accurate. It’s difficult. Very very much so. There will be legendary rage quits.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 11 April 18 at 02:09
Don't let it stop you from playing though!
Darkroder92
95,140 95,140 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 11 April 18 at 08:55
Steam version much harder than this in achievemnt list
$True Gaming $
Shred Asics 13
Posted on 11 April 18 at 13:23
I love the series from back in the Turbo Grafx days, so yeah I'm excited either way. Just had a feeling that Boss Rush would be a challenge.

Bring er' on though!
Kedrix
Kedrix
Posted on 11 April 18 at 16:13
Note to self...there will be no 100%ing this game for you. Just enjoy it, lol.
Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 11 April 18 at 20:32
If it's that hard i will avoid it not a big fan of difficulty achievements.
Goggs25
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 12 April 18 at 04:26
Ugh, i hate difficulty achievements on but i already bought 4 copies so there's no turning back.
ZWEIFELundANGST
Posted on 12 April 18 at 09:13
I have no intention of 100%ing this, I will just play and enjoy the game :)
State of Flow
State of Flow
Posted on 12 April 18 at 16:55
Finished all the difficulties on Oath in Felghana on psp... Not going to be easy at all but gonna give it a shot, work on it slowly while I play other stuff on the side. I do recall there being unlockables at end game to make nightmare more manageable, hope that's the case here.
xSRYANx
xSRYANx
Posted on 12 April 18 at 20:52
Goggs25 said:
The game is excellent, why would you not play it? Because of one or two achievements. Get the hell out of here
Elite1111111111
Posted on 12 April 18 at 20:55
xSRYANx said:
Goggs25 said:
The game is excellent, why would you not play it? Because of one or two achievements. Get the hell out of here
Yeah, why would someone on an achievement website care about achievements roll
Darkroder92
95,140 95,140 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 14 April 18 at 11:39
By the way true heroes never die achievement you can do the same trick like vanquish living legend achievement its easy to do the different is this has do be done normal atleast you can die and quit to main menu but not choose rtry option it will void the achievement
$True Gaming $
xSRYANx
xSRYANx
Posted on 15 April 18 at 18:00
Elite1111111111 said:
xSRYANx said:
Goggs25 said:
I don't know if you know this or not, and it might come as a shock, but do you know what gaming companies use to make our favorite games? No? It's MONEY. You know, buying the games that are worth our hard earned dollars to keep out favorite companies in business, and favorite series thriving. I know that's an insane concept, but not buying a game because one achievement may be "too hard" for you, means that you should probably find a new hobby. Maybe put down the Disney games and actually earn something in a game that you'll probably love. Oh man, only can get 90% of the achievements? Maybe some practice will get you to 100%. Maybe it won't. But that means you're qualifying a purchase and if a company should continue to make games because of an achievement or two? are you kidding me?

It's embarrassing to think that gamers won't play a game over one achievement, and directly impact the money that a developer makes because of it. That's both stupid and selfish.

The worst part is the person who said it has almost 500k Gamerscore and over a 1.90 ratio. Under 70% completion percentage. Doing the math, even avoiding the "hard" achievements would get this person to more than their current averages. How stupid are we all going to get over achievements?
Elite1111111111
Posted on 15 April 18 at 18:05, Edited on 15 April 18 at 18:49 by Elite1111111111
xSRYANx said:
You know, buying the games that are worth our hard earned dollars to keep out favorite companies in business, and favorite series thriving.
Well, clearly they think a game that has hard achievements isn't worth their hard earned cash. Looking at Steam, a dozen or so achievements have less than a 2% unlock rate. It's been out on Steam for 6 years.

Edit: Though according to the comments the lists aren't the same, I haven't sifted through both.

xSRYANx said:
How stupid are we all going to get over achievements?
You just wrote a paragraph arguing about achievements.

Keep it civil.
DaBlackAlbino
DaBlackAlbino
Posted on 18 April 18 at 13:17
I'm happy we have this on the one, but it's a shame it's digital only. I love to own my JRPGs on disc and sealed for collection purposes.
segagamer
343,336 343,336 GamerScore
segagamer
Posted on 28 April 18 at 23:20
DaBlackAlbino said:
I'm happy we have this on the one, but it's a shame it's digital only. I love to own my JRPGs on disc and sealed for collection purposes.
That's not going to happen very often on XB1 as JRPGs aren't as popular on the console. You can help change that fact though by buying the ones we DO get though, even if they're not on disc. Then maybe you'll start getting more JRPGs that are worth printing ;)
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 04 May 18 at 10:35
xSRYANx said:
Elite1111111111 said:
xSRYANx said:
Goggs25 said:
I don't know if you know this or not, and it might come as a shock, but do you know what gaming companies use to make our favorite games? No? It's MONEY. You know, buying the games that are worth our hard earned dollars to keep out favorite companies in business, and favorite series thriving. I know that's an insane concept, but not buying a game because one achievement may be "too hard" for you, means that you should probably find a new hobby. Maybe put down the Disney games and actually earn something in a game that you'll probably love. Oh man, only can get 90% of the achievements? Maybe some practice will get you to 100%. Maybe it won't. But that means you're qualifying a purchase and if a company should continue to make games because of an achievement or two? are you kidding me?

It's embarrassing to think that gamers won't play a game over one achievement, and directly impact the money that a developer makes because of it. That's both stupid and selfish.

The worst part is the person who said it has almost 500k Gamerscore and over a 1.90 ratio. Under 70% completion percentage. Doing the math, even avoiding the "hard" achievements would get this person to more than their current averages. How stupid are we all going to get over achievements?
First off its more then one difficulty achievement and why should I give a dam about developers who are ripping us off with over priced games with loot boxes and microtransactions.

This might come as a shock to you but achievements sells games now and that is a FACT
Goggs25
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.