Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 12 April 18 at 09:59
They're not just for PC anymore

Please click here to read the story: The Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 12 April 18 at 10:13
Elite is my best game on the X1.
Legohead 1977
Brave Cypher
Posted on 12 April 18 at 10:30
Elite Dangerous is just too good for words! Best Space game ever!
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 12 April 18 at 10:37
The only list eso should be on is the worst mmo.
Goggs25
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 12 April 18 at 10:48
Goggs25 said:
It's a VERY good MMO by most standards. You don't like it doesn't make it bad.

Myself I was wondering where Star Trek Online is. It's WAY better than DC universe online imo.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Cemetery Girls
Posted on 12 April 18 at 10:50
Destiny and SoT have MMO elements, but still very different from MMO games. Surprised Tera isn't on here, but you guys did thrash the game in your review, so meh.
Chaos Mythology
Chaos Mythology
Posted on 12 April 18 at 11:08
Neverwinter is the worst game in this list lmao why is it even here and I would not call it a mmo
The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy...
Atomic Mole
Atomic Mole
Posted on 12 April 18 at 11:14
Goggs25 said:
Solid MMO but can take a while to get into overall. Keeps improving which is the main thing. Keeps adding new content. Worth revisiting if you have tried in the past and not enjoyed.

I certainly don't think it is the best MMO at drawing you in to begin with, you sort of need to persevere. Then you hit a point where things come together. One of my favourite games now, but hated it at the beginning.
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 12 April 18 at 11:20
Zorlac0666 said:
Goggs25 said:

Myself I was wondering where Star Trek Online is. It's WAY better than DC universe online imo.
I do like the game the issue I have is I like others can't connect to there useless servers because they are to small.

How can you say this is on of best mmo's when there servers are too small you got games like undersigned that are free who have better servers then eso and they charge us for a game you might not be able to play.

Eso know there servers are too small and still they won't increase the size that why it should not be listed in the best mmo's of 2018
Goggs25
St3phosaurus
St3phosaurus
Posted on 12 April 18 at 11:26
Hmm maybe it's time I tried Warframe
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 12 April 18 at 11:34
Goggs25 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Goggs25 said:

I do like the game the issue I have is I like others can't connect to there useless servers because they are to small.

How can you say this is on of best mmo's when there servers are too small you got games like undersigned that are free who have better servers then eso and they charge us for a game you might not be able to play.

Eso know there servers are too small and still they won't increase the size that why it should not be listed in the best mmo's of 2018
You can definitely connect with friends to play with. You literally just join a group with someone, and use the move to option, and bam, you're on the same shard with them.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
LLboxed
LLboxed
Posted on 12 April 18 at 11:56
Goggs25 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Goggs25 said:

Not sure why you are having this issue, I had this issue like two times in an entire year.

Is this a time zone thing? UK peak time maybe? I do notice a lot of UK people playing this.
Balarush
Balarush
Posted on 12 April 18 at 11:58
A lost of these are just muliplayer online games, a far cry from massive needed to qualify for an MMO. I'm hoping the new Defiance rework is good.
There Are No Men Like Me.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 12 April 18 at 12:25
Elite Dangerous is by far the most sophisticated and massive of these MMOs, it can be daunting at first but with a little patience it will open its heart to you.

One thing I find with PvP RPG environments, like in Dark Souls and ESO is that I just get completely owned by ridiculously overpowered or glitching assholes repeatedly with no chance of ever defeating any of them. With E:D you can fully complete all achievements of the game without ever going into 'Open PvP Play' - and at no disadvantage whatsoever.
First in the UK for all Vehicular Combat
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 12 April 18 at 12:27, Edited on 12 April 18 at 12:32 by Legohead 1977
o DEEVIUS o said:
One thing I find with PvP RPG environments, like in Dark Souls and ESO is that I just get completely owned by ridiculously overpowered or glitching assholes repeatedly with no chance of ever defeating any of them. With E:D you can fully complete all achievements of the game without ever going into 'Open PvP Play' - and at no disadvantage whatsoever.
That did annoy me in Dark Souls, any time I used some humanity some tool would come in and try to start a fight...way to add more time!

The instancing in Elite is class, most weeks we have at least one day where we all meet up, usually for bounty hunting, but we will try some of the wing missions...and we can do all of that in a private group.

Deevius, if you ever want some assistance with the Wing stuff let me know.
Legohead 1977
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 12 April 18 at 12:56
LLboxed said:
Goggs25 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Goggs25 said:

Not sure why you are having this issue, I had this issue like two times in an entire year.

Is this a time zone thing? UK peak time maybe? I do notice a lot of UK people playing this.
No it's server size issue I know that because es o support have told me the reason for login failed is because of high demand on there servers they know the problem but refuse to increase the server size.

I have this issue now for over a year
Goggs25
planting42
planting42
Posted on 12 April 18 at 13:36
Chaos Mythology said:
Neverwinter is the worst game in this list lmao why is it even here and I would not call it a mmo
To each their own. DCUO is a hot piece of garbage IMHO as are both Destiny games. I'm sorry, 16 players is NOT Massive. Does that make Battlefield a MMO? Well, its better than Destiny laugh
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/Birthday-Challenge
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 12 April 18 at 13:43
Chaos Mythology said:
It's quite literally an MMO. What would you call it? roll

Now Destiny and Sea of Thieves on the other hand...
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 12 April 18 at 13:57
I've wanted to try Elite Dangerous, but a 2000 hour completion just scares me.
FISK
FISK
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:04
Pseudo-MMO’s list galore, 16 player lobbies are not massive. If thats the case then Halo CE is a MMO by that standard.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.