Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018

AuthorMessage
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:06
Goggs25 said:
LLboxed said:
Goggs25 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Goggs25 said:
The only list eso should be on is the worst mmo.
It's a VERY good MMO by most standards. You don't like it doesn't make it bad.

Myself I was wondering where Star Trek Online is. It's WAY better than DC universe online imo.
I do like the game the issue I have is I like others can't connect to there useless servers because they are to small.

How can you say this is on of best mmo's when there servers are too small you got games like undersigned that are free who have better servers then eso and they charge us for a game you might not be able to play.

Eso know there servers are too small and still they won't increase the size that why it should not be listed in the best mmo's of 2018
Not sure why you are having this issue, I had this issue like two times in an entire year.

Is this a time zone thing? UK peak time maybe? I do notice a lot of UK people playing this.
No it's server size issue I know that because es o support have told me the reason for login failed is because of high demand on there servers they know the problem but refuse to increase the server size.

I have this issue now for over a year
I've never had issues playing with my friends. it's definitely not a server size issue. The game uses Mega servers and just divides the players into instances. Everyone is technically playing on the same server base.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:25
Elite will forever be the greatest space game to have ever graced the Xbox One. I can't recommend it enough.
See You Space Cowboy...
Buff Beefbroth
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:32
How is Skyforge these days? I like the visuals and if I can just play it as a hack-n-slash RPG with an online component, I might be super into it.
AZChristopher
AZChristopher
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:34
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
I've wanted to try Elite Dangerous, but a 2000 hour completion just scares me.
It definitely isn’t a game you should play if you are a completionist. I’ve been just wondering around in space for months. No achievements, just star system after star system.
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:37
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
Play it for what it is, a great game.

I can rarely play E:D sadly. Our house has a LOT of natural light so there's too much glare on my screen at any given time to see what's happening. Even adjusting brightness settings in the game & on our television doesn't help. Only on rare nights of insomnia do I get to log a couple of hours. Usually when I get back to it, it'd been so long since I last played that I forget the controls, which can cause chaos while leaving a station. It's a frustrating cycle.
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:39
ESO is the best on the list, rest of them are not polished at all. I never played elite the dangerous so cant say anything on that one. Also Path of exile should be on this list. But then, If you never played Diablo II you might not like it.
Rista B
Rista B
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:57
AZChristopher said:
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
It definitely isn’t a game you should play if you are a completionist. I’ve been just wondering around in space for months. No achievements, just star system after star system.
I'd love to try this game but I just don't think I have the time for it or I'd have to give up ever getting to most of the games I'm already sitting on waiting to play.
Remember Philando Castile, a fellow gamer, a human being, Rest in Peace
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 12 April 18 at 15:38
Buff Beefbroth said:
How is Skyforge these days? I like the visuals and if I can just play it as a hack-n-slash RPG with an online component, I might be super into it.
It was fun at first but quickly devolves into a repetitive grind. It's also hard to find groups for the raids.. at least it was for me. Population isn't high, either. I might go back eventually.. there were times I did really enjoy it.
SuperTigerWoods
Posted on 12 April 18 at 16:08
Goggs25 said:
I do like the game the issue I have is I like others can't connect to there useless servers because they are to small.

Sorry to be a dick, but the grammar Nazi in me can't let this go... English teachers would have a field day with this one
#AncoraUnPezzoDiMerda
ADuckWithThumbs
Posted on 12 April 18 at 16:11
Half this list aren't MMOs lol. SoT and Destiny don't even remotely qualify. Writer needs a refresher on what an MMO is.
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 12 April 18 at 16:13
Goggs25 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Goggs25 said:
The only list eso should be on is the worst mmo.
It's a VERY good MMO by most standards. You don't like it doesn't make it bad.

Myself I was wondering where Star Trek Online is. It's WAY better than DC universe online imo.

How can you say this is on of best mmo's when there servers are too small you got games like undersigned that are free who have better servers then eso and they charge us for a game you might not be able to play.

Eso know there servers are too small and still they won't increase the size that why it should not be listed in the best mmo's of 2018
Not sure what you are talking about, never had any issues getting into servers outside of scheduled maintenance.
Cer3bra1Asassin
Posted on 12 April 18 at 17:29
skyforge and Star Trek online definitely needs to be on this list. As others have said , sea of thieves and destiny aren't MMO's
Come Join Gamertagnation!!! http://www.gamertagnation.com/?referrerid=3465
Jerry Springerr
Posted on 12 April 18 at 17:49
I have played about 2 hours of Elder Scrolls Online so far. It seems seems too easy of a game. Does this game eventually get challenging where the enemies can actually kill you?
[URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Jerry+Springerr][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Jerry+Springerr.png[/IMG][/URL]
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 12 April 18 at 18:06
The Division is better than a few of these.
PrestonPreston
Posted on 12 April 18 at 18:28
Jerry Springerr said:
I have played about 2 hours of Elder Scrolls Online so far. It seems seems too easy of a game. Does this game eventually get challenging where the enemies can actually kill you?
Yes it certainly does and they most certainly do! Most of the general overworld content is easy but as you get further in there is more challenging things like group and public dungeons, veteran dungeons, world bosses, arenas, trials.
"music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 12 April 18 at 18:44
Legohead 1977 said:
The instancing in Elite is class, most weeks we have at least one day where we all meet up, usually for bounty hunting, but we will try some of the wing missions...and we can do all of that in a private group.

Deevius, if you ever want some assistance with the Wing stuff let me know.
Thanks I might do that. I'm almost at Colonia now, be trekking across to Sagittarius then doing some serious scanning on the way back. If I don't accidently fly into a supernova I should be raking in tens of millions and I'm gonna buy me a Chieftain for full combat and a nice Orca to take peeps on tours around the galaxy smile

I might hit you up for some wing missions then cheers

XenomorphFiend said:
Moldy Tacos5000 said:
Play it for what it is, a great game.

Usually when I get back to it, it'd been so long since I last played that I forget the controls, which can cause chaos while leaving a station. It's a frustrating cycle.
Installing a little auto-dock device will really help you there, they're awesome.

(Also blackout curtains wink)
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 12 April 18 at 18:54
ADuckWithThumbs said:
Half this list aren't MMOs lol. SoT and Destiny don't even remotely qualify. Writer needs a refresher on what an MMO is.
Destiny is closer to a traditional MMO than most MMOs. It’s close enough.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 12 April 18 at 18:56
Maxumilli0n said:
The Division is better than a few of these.
The Division is way better than either destiny. Not a mmo by any means though (neither is destiny though).
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
dlCHIEF58
dlCHIEF58
Posted on 12 April 18 at 19:26
Chaos Mythology said:
Neverwinter is the worst game in this list lmao why is it even here and I would not call it a mmo
You have no idea as to what a MMO is then, as it is more a MMO than many of the games listed here. I think they are stretching it a bit calling Destiny or Sea of Thieves MMOs as the number of players per instance is hardly "massive" in either of those games.
ReptarOnIce3000
Posted on 12 April 18 at 19:39
Destiny isn't an MMO
Destiny isn't an MMO
Destiny isn't an MMO
Destiny isn't an MMO

No but for real, MMO is thrown around so much now a days. Every time there's a new mmo coming out I always have to ask if it's actually an mmo or an "mmo"
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.