Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018

AuthorMessage
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 12 April 18 at 19:42
Jerry Springerr said:
I have played about 2 hours of Elder Scrolls Online so far. It seems seems too easy of a game. Does this game eventually get challenging where the enemies can actually kill you?
There's alot of content in ESO, probably too much at this point for someone just starting it.
ReptarOnIce3000
Posted on 12 April 18 at 19:43
FISK said:
Pseudo-MMO’s list galore, 16 player lobbies are not massive. If thats the case then Halo CE is a MMO by that standard.
Couldn't agree more. I hate how much the term is just thrown around now a days. GTA should also be on the list in that respect
ReptarOnIce3000
Posted on 12 April 18 at 19:46, Edited on 12 April 18 at 20:40 by ReptarOnIce3000
The only MMO elements of Destiny are the elements they stole from WoW, like item level, weekly raid resets, specific boss drops, and the idea of a "heroic" dungeon (strike). Now, I like Destiny a TON, but every time someone calls it an MMO I just have to be like "slow your roll". Idk why it's such a pet peeve of mine
Vermin360
Vermin360
Posted on 12 April 18 at 19:48
Not really much point debating on what truly qualifies as an MMO. Genres continually evolve, occasionally spawning new ones, and most games coming out these days tend to be hybrids of several genres. (Just look back at all the game genre debates that have happened on this site.) I imagine in the not-too-distant future we won't even refer to games by genre any more.
We don't stop playing because we get old; we grow old because we stop playing.
TheTailsEffect
Posted on 12 April 18 at 19:50
Chaos Mythology said:
Neverwinter is the worst game in this list lmao why is it even here and I would not call it a mmo
What are you smoking, friend?
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 12 April 18 at 19:55
TheTailsEffect said:
Chaos Mythology said:
Neverwinter is the worst game in this list lmao why is it even here and I would not call it a mmo
I think he's salty about the RNG achievements among other things lol hell I am too.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 12 April 18 at 20:16
Eurydace said:
ADuckWithThumbs said:
Half this list aren't MMOs lol. SoT and Destiny don't even remotely qualify. Writer needs a refresher on what an MMO is.
Destiny is closer to a traditional MMO than most MMOs. It’s close enough.
Destiny is just a multiplayer shooter with lobbies where you can see other players. It's pretty far from a traditional mmo in almost every aspect. Especially the massive part.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Vok 250
Vok 250
Posted on 12 April 18 at 20:17
"Best Xbox MMOs"... "Sea of Thieves"

April fools was weeks ago guys. facepalm
Vermin360
Vermin360
Posted on 12 April 18 at 20:22
Vok 250 said:

So was that comment. laugh
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 12 April 18 at 20:30
Vermin360 said:
Vok 250 said:

In all seriousness calling sea of thieves one of the best mmos on the consoles sounds like a paid advertisement.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
Vermin360
Vermin360
Posted on 12 April 18 at 21:07
I don't know, I kind of like the open-mindedness of it. Maybe the intent was MMO = Minorly multiplayer online.
Chaos Mythology
Chaos Mythology
Posted on 12 April 18 at 21:53
CRUM LEE said:
Chaos Mythology said:
It's quite literally an MMO. What would you call it? roll

Now Destiny and Sea of Thieves on the other hand...
I call it shit after the BS the devs do yes all they care about is money not the fan base fuck that shit game
The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy...
Chaos Mythology
Chaos Mythology
Posted on 12 April 18 at 21:54
Maxumilli0n said:
TheTailsEffect said:
Chaos Mythology said:
I think he's salty about the RNG achievements among other things lol hell I am too.
yep fuck'em
The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy...
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 12 April 18 at 22:24
Onigiri?
YouTube.com/GLDDGaming - Gameplays, Tips and Tricks, Achievement Guides, and More!!!!
ljwaves
ljwaves
Posted on 12 April 18 at 23:09
Final fantasy XI. Hmmm servers shut down on Xbox.

Final Fantasy XIV - bah....I thought we had cross play :/
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 12 April 18 at 23:09
Leo Ascendent said:
Onigiri?
I think less than 100 people play that currently. Wouldn't qualify it as "Popular"
Leo Ascendent
Leo Ascendent
Posted on 12 April 18 at 23:22
Maxumilli0n said:
Leo Ascendent said:
Onigiri?
I think less than 100 people play that currently. Wouldn't qualify it as "Popular"
Quite a few do, last time I played anyways. And I mean, there's not many available, so I would say all are the "best" lol
YouTube.com/GLDDGaming - Gameplays, Tips and Tricks, Achievement Guides, and More!!!!
SKOOT2006
SKOOT2006
Posted on 12 April 18 at 23:23, Edited on 12 April 18 at 23:24 by SKOOT2006
Zorlac0666 said:
Vermin360 said:
Vok 250 said:

In all seriousness calling sea of thieves one of the best mmos on the consoles sounds like a paid advertisement.
this
You don't know what you don't know
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 13 April 18 at 00:49
Zorlac0666 said:
Eurydace said:
ADuckWithThumbs said:
Half this list aren't MMOs lol. SoT and Destiny don't even remotely qualify. Writer needs a refresher on what an MMO is.
Destiny is closer to a traditional MMO than most MMOs. It’s close enough.
Destiny is just a multiplayer shooter with lobbies where you can see other players. It's pretty far from a traditional mmo in almost every aspect. Especially the massive part.
Actually the only difference is the massive part.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 April 18 at 00:52
I already own the only two of these I would ever want to play, ESO is too time consuming for me atm, and I'm currently massively into E:D. Nothing else has any interest for me I'm afraid.

My true hope is that Fallout Online or Project V13 is ever launched, because for me, that would be the ultimate MMO!! rock
First in the UK for all Vehicular Combat
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.