Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Xbox MMOs Available in 2018

AuthorMessage
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 13 April 18 at 01:01
Warframe is the only game here I agree with. ESO and Neverwinter especially are shit. I haven't played Destiny 2 but when I get around to it I'm sure I'll say the same thing I did about Destiny 1 : shit. Warframe on the other hand, I'm currently grinding to mastery rank 13 just to use a Galatine Prime, even though I don't need to for any achievements, and I really should be unlocking the last 3 achievements and moving on for my completion goal. I quite enjoy the game.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 13 April 18 at 01:37
I miss Phantasy Star Universe cry
See You Space Cowboy...
VGM 007
VGM 007
Posted on 13 April 18 at 01:58
I really wanted to get into Neverwinter more, but I found the F2P trappings a little oppressive, with seemingly everything I wanted or tried to do was tied to some currency, that was bought with another currency, that was bought with real money. I had all these epic lockboxes, but I need some kind of keys, which you buy with diamonds or something, which was bought with real money or an insane amount of hours grinding.

DC Online didn't do much for me. I got Star Trek in my install list, I've heard good things.

I quite enjoy ESO. I was playing last week & I was so into it, I didn't even realize I'd been playing for about 6 hours. I bought the Morrowind upgrade during the Spring Sale, will probably start a new character in that zone soon.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 13 April 18 at 02:15
ReptarOnIce3000 said:
Destiny isn't an MMO
Destiny isn't an MMO
Destiny isn't an MMO
Destiny isn't an MMO

No but for real, MMO is thrown around so much now a days. Every time there's a new mmo coming out I always have to ask if it's actually an mmo or an "mmo"
Let me continue this
Destiny isn't an MMO
Destiny isn't an MMO
Destiny isn't an MMO

Anyone who thinks it is, never played a MMO.
Bobblehead Joe
Posted on 13 April 18 at 02:15
I need to try out ESO.
BegFourMercy
BegFourMercy
Posted on 13 April 18 at 02:20, Edited on 13 April 18 at 02:31 by BegFourMercy
dlCHIEF58 said:
Chaos Mythology said:
Neverwinter is the worst game in this list lmao why is it even here and I would not call it a mmo
You have no idea as to what a MMO is then, as it is more a MMO than many of the games listed here. I think they are stretching it a bit calling Destiny or Sea of Thieves MMOs as the number of players per instance is hardly "massive" in either of those games.
Yeah Neverwinter is the definition of MMO. Chaos, have you even played it?

LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Warframe is the only game here I agree with. ESO and Neverwinter especially are shit. I haven't played Destiny 2 but when I get around to it I'm sure I'll say the same thing I did about Destiny 1 : shit. Warframe on the other hand, I'm currently grinding to mastery rank 13 just to use a Galatine Prime, even though I don't need to for any achievements, and I really should be unlocking the last 3 achievements and moving on for my completion goal. I quite enjoy the game.
ESO has changed a lot since launch. I took over a two year break and was shocked at the changes. I think it is much more enjoyable then Neverwinder and Warframe.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 13 April 18 at 02:28
ITT: MMO gatekeepers
InFamousAnthuny
Posted on 13 April 18 at 02:51
Can't be bothered to find the exact quote while on a phone but someone from SoT said something along the lines "we want run-ins with other players to be something that happens every fifteen minutes to an hour and a half".

In my personal experience with all the time I wasted on PC MMO's, not running into another player for over an hour is not an MMO. A proper M(assive)MO is one where you can expect to find one if not multiple people wherever you go. People talking or hanging out. Fighting for resources or talking out a system to share them equally. That said, I guess skull forts would be the closest SoT comes to feeling like an MMO.
GloryXplay
GloryXplay
Posted on 13 April 18 at 03:51
MMO: massively multiplayer online

Sea of thieves and destiny cannot have litteraly less people at the same time than a team in a battlefield game...

Their are NOT MASSIVELY multiplayer online.

Their are just multiplayer online. Stop with calling this MMO. Is not because your friends said a pizza is a cake thats true. Microsoft and activision calling bullshit on their game style....
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 13 April 18 at 05:02
i personally found Tera to be better than most games on this list..(except for warframe...warframe is one of the best games this decade)

Tera is pretty short though..(which might be good for some and bad for others) 60-80 hours in, and you are pretty much maxgeared and done with the endgame content.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 April 18 at 05:53
Destiny 2 is absolute garbage, doesn't deserve a spot here.
No gods or kings,only man.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 13 April 18 at 08:22
Eurydace said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Eurydace said:
ADuckWithThumbs said:
Half this list aren't MMOs lol. SoT and Destiny don't even remotely qualify. Writer needs a refresher on what an MMO is.
Destiny is closer to a traditional MMO than most MMOs. It’s close enough.
Destiny is just a multiplayer shooter with lobbies where you can see other players. It's pretty far from a traditional mmo in almost every aspect. Especially the massive part.
Actually the only difference is the massive part.
There's a lot more differences, but if you are really going to argue this point then you're not worth explaining the differences to. I could sit and name to you 100 reasons why destiny isn't a mmo.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
planting42
planting42
Posted on 13 April 18 at 14:01
I remember when MMO meant MASSIVE - like more than 16 players. Seems developers are getting lazy these days. MMO implies the rest of the term (RPG) otherwise you are simply talking about any game with large online lobbies. Laziness is no excuse. The term has been bastardized and this isn't helping.

World of Warcraft is a MMO (I hate it, but it IS what it is)
Dark Age of Camelot is a MMO (that WoW killed angry)

Destiny 2, Sea of Thieves, even Elite: Dangerous are not close to being MMO's in that sense. All are seriously restricted by the number of gamers that can be in one instance. Yes, ED is a 16 player instance.
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/Birthday-Challenge
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 13 April 18 at 15:08
Warframe is the only one I might play one day. If I ever have enough time.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 13 April 18 at 16:37
MugenKairo said:
Warframe is the only one I might play one day. If I ever have enough time.
The good thing about warframe is that you dont need a lot of time...your equipment doesnt get obsolete, and you dont get outleveled every time they make a contentupdate....so you can play for a weekend, take a two month break, without missing out.
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 13 April 18 at 16:55
I've always enjoyed mmo's, was really into runescape when I was younger and then I got into this shin megami tensei one (forgot what its called) and now I play alot of Neverwinter, its pretty much all I play now, there is stuff in between for a couple of days but I always come back to Neverwinter, dont even really care about the achievements.
Hello Im Swat
Posted on 13 April 18 at 18:32
Please tell me you were joking when you listed Destiny 2 as one of the best MMOs.
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 13 April 18 at 19:06
Chaos Mythology said:
CRUM LEE said:
Chaos Mythology said:
Neverwinter is the worst game in this list lmao why is it even here and I would not call it a mmo
It's quite literally an MMO. What would you call it? roll

Now Destiny and Sea of Thieves on the other hand...
I call it shit after the BS the devs do yes all they care about is money not the fan base fuck that shit game
Cool, bro. Still an MMO.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 13 April 18 at 20:49
CRUM LEE said:
Chaos Mythology said:
CRUM LEE said:
Chaos Mythology said:
It's quite literally an MMO. What would you call it? roll

Now Destiny and Sea of Thieves on the other hand...
I call it shit after the BS the devs do yes all they care about is money not the fan base fuck that shit game
Cool, bro. Still an MMO.
Yep, neverwinter is WAY more of a MMO than destiny, and sea of thieves ever will be.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
ArkhmInmate0801
ArkhmInmate0801
Posted on 13 April 18 at 22:17
Hearing people argue what is an MMO reminds me or being in elementary school in the early 90s when kids would argue what is an RPG.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.