Game Discussion: Skyforge Forum

New DLC has appeared for Skyforge

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:42
The new DLC pack Title Update: Overgrowth for Skyforge has 1 Achievement worth 10 Gamerscore
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 12 April 18 at 14:55
They should not release anymore content until they did the achievements until then won't play this game
Goggs25
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 12 April 18 at 15:35
Goggs25 said:
They should not release anymore content until they did the achievements until then won't play this game
What?
Game Info Manager
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 12 April 18 at 21:35
I assume he meant "fix" and there's nothing to fix. 12 of the achievements are tied to invasions that run for 2 months, meaning at any given time only 2 of them can be unlocked. Elder God requires finishing all 6 invasions, so it can't be unlocked until the game has been out for a year, at the very least.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 13 April 18 at 17:39
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I assume he meant "fix" and there's nothing to fix. 12 of the achievements are tied to invasions that run for 2 months, meaning at any given time only 2 of them can be unlocked. Elder God requires finishing all 6 invasions, so it can't be unlocked until the game has been out for a year, at the very least.
The site could use a new designation for timed achievements like this. Overwatch has the same issue. It marks things as unobtainable because whatever applicable event is not active, which is a bit misleading.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 13 April 18 at 21:47, Edited on 13 April 18 at 21:48 by LV 1 Blue Slime
I don't think they can put other flags on achievements they put unobtainable and discontinued on (not sure why). Another thing I'm not sure about is why they don't just put date/time on them and leave them alone. If you look at this one

Batman: Arkham CityStorytellerThe Storyteller achievement in Batman: Arkham City worth 39 pointsHave 12 murderous dates with Calendar Man

It isn't discontinued, even though it's a date/time achievement. Maybe because you can change the clock but can't in Skyforge? I don't remember what happened when I submitted flags, maybe I suggested they be that way. Not sure.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 14 April 18 at 01:20, Edited on 14 April 18 at 01:22 by ChinDocta
Essentially it's due to the online nature. Whether it be events being available/unavailable or a server check there is no way to manipulate the clock to earn this achievements outside of their timeslot of availability. Looking from a purely objective standpoint these achievements are discontinued or unobtainable (for some of Skyforge). That's not to say they won't come back or won't ever be available but as of right now those achievements are correctly flagged (unless an event shift happened in Skyforge....it's not easy to keep up with those laugh)

Another factor in the decision is the contests that TA run. Many of them either pull from or utilise the achievements on the players lists and there is currently no way to easily exclude these outside of them being flagged this way. In the future there may be things implemented to allow these to be flagged normally and still be excluded but as it is now the team is unlikely to change our stance on how these are dealt with.
Game Info Manager
Goggs25
Goggs25
Posted on 27 April 18 at 21:33
ChinDocta said:
Goggs25 said:
What?
I mean they should fix the achievements before releasing any dlc for the game
Goggs25
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 27 April 18 at 22:06
Goggs25 said:
ChinDocta said:
Goggs25 said:
What?
I mean they should fix the achievements before releasing any dlc for the game
Nothing broken, nothing to fix.
GI Flagging Manager
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.