Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Friday The 13th: The Game Weekend Event

AuthorMessage
CognitiveCaveat
Posted on 14 April 18 at 03:51
I’m Jason

Please click here to read the story: Friday The 13th: The Game Weekend Event
fighterx93chipp
Posted on 14 April 18 at 04:11
Wow.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 14 April 18 at 04:26
Should probably add : The Game to the title for stupid people like me who thought this was a site event for a minute. laugh
See You Space Cowboy...
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 14 April 18 at 04:30
Reborn Insanity said:
Should probably add : The Game to the title for stupid people like me who thought this was a site event for a minute. laugh
Great point. I adjusted this, thanks toast
MC PHILABUSTA
MC PHILABUSTA
Posted on 14 April 18 at 04:34
Damn I'm going to have to play a bit
Schinderdiv
Schinderdiv
Posted on 14 April 18 at 07:09
Too bad they didn't flash sale this like they did the movies.
Chuck710Taylor
Posted on 14 April 18 at 08:57
Missed a HUGE opportunity to drop major update. I can't believe this game has been out for almost a yr.
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 14 April 18 at 15:41
Nobody cares anymore, and I say that as a huge fan of the IP and this game in particular. That said, there are just too many issues that have gone unaddressed for far too long. The game has been out for almost a year now and the following things still have not been addressed. Bear in mind that these aren't things that I want addressed - These are things that, since the game released, the developer has promised to fix.

1.) Chad face - Promised a fix in May 2017
2.) Weekly challenges - Promised to introduce these in June of 2017
3.) Dedicated servers - Announced on kickstarter before the game was even made.
4.) Skull objectives - Announced in March 2018
5.) A counselor based on Melissa from part 7 - Promised summer of 2017, finally confirmed April 2018
6.) Salt mines - Announced March 2018
7.) NES Jason re-haul - Announced October 2017
8.) A patch fix for physical clothing DLC - Promised summer of 2017
9.) Grendel map - Announced December 2017
10.) Uber Jason - Announced December 2017
11.) Physical soundtrack - Promised during the kickstarter
12.) Singe Player - Promised to launch in summer of 2017
13.) Part 7 overhaul - Promised March 2018
14.) Roy's green coveralls - Promised March 2018
15.) Weapon swapping - Announced February 2018
16.) "Paranoia Mode" - Promised September 2017
17.) Perk system overhaul - Promised February 2018
18.) Engine update - Promised January 2018
19.) Offline bots AI improvement - Announced March 2018
20.) That all of this would be out by April 2018 - Promised in January 2018

Now they've said it's not happening in April and that they won't say when the next update will release because they don't want to back themselves in to a corner to get it done - After nearly a year of telling people about some new feature that they were working on for the last 10 months.

It's ridiculous. GUN Media is the worst developer ever. That's not even mentioning how they've been backdoor selling Savini Jason skins on ebay for $10 a pop on ebay when it was a backers only exclusive on kickstarter for people who actually funded the game. They've made nearly a million dollars in sales of that skin alone in the last 10 months and we're still sitting here with a broken game loaded with bugs, glitches, and P2P servers that shit the bed 9 out of every 10 matches.

If I sound pissed off it's only because I am.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
d D4RK Gambit b
Posted on 14 April 18 at 16:17
A sale would have been nice. This game hasn't been on one.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 14 April 18 at 16:39
Haven't played in a while, liking that 130% increase in Pam & Tommy tape drop rates, considering the drop rate is horribly small to begin with, this at least gives us a better chance of getting the tapes now.
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 14 April 18 at 18:57
Man, this is another game that I really want to get behind and play but because of all of the bad news I’ve heard about and all of the items that need be addressed and haven’t been... I just can’t get behind a company like that. Making empty promises, is no way to create a fan base. I saw a trailer the other day for a game called something like, “Demonic” but that’s not the name... it’s the same premise... you have 7 or 8 people, and one of you gets possessed by a demon, and you need to either kill the others before sunrise, or you win by surviving til sunrise. You can team up or split up to survive, it seems pretty similar to this but I just think the Jason tie in is better. Hope this new one plays like it is supposed to, so maybe that will fill my want, to play a game like this.
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 14 April 18 at 19:20
adamrulz said:
Man, this is another game that I really want to get behind and play but because of all of the bad news I’ve heard about and all of the items that need be addressed and haven’t been... I just can’t get behind a company like that. Making empty promises, is no way to create a fan base. I saw a trailer the other day for a game called something like, “Demonic” but that’s not the name... it’s the same premise... you have 7 or 8 people, and one of you gets possessed by a demon, and you need to either kill the others before sunrise, or you win by surviving til sunrise. You can team up or split up to survive, it seems pretty similar to this but I just think the Jason tie in is better. Hope this new one plays like it is supposed to, so maybe that will fill my want, to play a game like this.
Dude, you need to remember the name of that game and tell me what it is, because it sounds fucking awesome.

laugh
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 14 April 18 at 20:44
Evandalist said:
adamrulz said:
Dude, you need to remember the name of that game and tell me what it is, because it sounds fucking awesome.

laugh
Dead by Daylight?
See You Space Cowboy...
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 14 April 18 at 21:03
Reborn Insanity said:
Evandalist said:
adamrulz said:

laugh
Dead by Daylight?
Doesn't sound like DBD at all. I'm familiar with that one.
BarbellxBrigade
Posted on 15 April 18 at 01:31
adamrulz said:
Wasn't "Demonic" the name of the game that Allen Covert's character in Grandma's Boy created? laugh
SomeDudeWABeard
Posted on 15 April 18 at 02:16
BarbellxBrigade said:
adamrulz said:
Wasn't "Demonic" the name of the game that Allen Covert's character in Grandma's Boy created? laugh
Buwahaha... you beat me too it!
J. Adam Gilman
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 15 April 18 at 03:26, Edited on 15 April 18 at 08:04 by Dark Death 90
Looks like I'll be playing this all weekend. Not that that's anything unusual. I freaking love this game. I am so excited for this next update. And then, after that we are getting the Grendel and Uber Jason from Jason X. The devs are great too, Randy and Wes do a great job at keeping us up to date. Things have been delayed, but that's how it goes with a small developer.

Anyways, time to get me some Tommy Tapes.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
MetalGearMark
MetalGearMark
Posted on 15 April 18 at 23:29
Evandalist said:
adamrulz said:

laugh
I think he means https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vyFmIZsMio
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 15 April 18 at 23:40
MetalGearMark said:
Evandalist said:
adamrulz said:

laugh
I think he means https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vyFmIZsMio
That looks like it has potential. Thanks for figuring out what it was for me.
Chuck710Taylor
Posted on 16 April 18 at 01:33
d D4RK Gambit b said:
A sale would have been nice. This game hasn't been on one.
Coming on sale this week
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.