Site Help Forum

Got something you don't understand? Need to know how something works? Ask here and we'll do our best to help you

So yeah- these accounts

AuthorMessage
vSully
vSully
Posted on 15 April 18 at 23:09, Edited on 16 April 18 at 12:05 by Beanpotter
I meant for the title to say *these accounts*

CLAYTONCARMINEh
HisNameCarmine
Clayton2kl4u
CLAYT3N CARMINE
ClaytonfCarmine
Clayton Cxrmine
CcLAYTON CARMIN
CIaytonCarmine
CLAYTON C5RMINE
LH Carmine
AnotherProfile5
CLAYCARMIN32OI5
CLAYTON C5RMINE
Clayton Caramel

I'm working on completing Perfect Dark and I noticed a couple of these accounts in recent completions. In looking a little further, I've found many that have a few games played, mostly all with some AC completions and all with a PD completion.

Not really sure why someone would make new accts and play the same games to completion, but it's at least a little weird, isn't it?
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 15 April 18 at 23:49
Bizarre. My best guess is someone trying to drag the ratio for the game down by loading it up with completions? But with so many tracked gamers they’d have to add a ton to even make a dent.

I’d like to point out that the few I checked all finished the entirety of Perfect Dark in one day according to timestamps. I present that fact with no further comment.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 16 April 18 at 00:09
vSully said:Oh come on they weren't even trying with that one!

Lack of originality aside, I have no idea why someone would take the time to do this, but yea it does like those completions were... fishy, to put it nicely.
#mentallypudding
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 16 April 18 at 10:24
Kick them from the site! rock
This post may be sarcastic.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 16 April 18 at 12:04
Surely they could have named them easier, like adding numbers at the end, 2 for example.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Elite1111111111
Posted on 16 April 18 at 13:09, Edited on 16 April 18 at 13:12 by Elite1111111111
Spilner said:
Surely they could have named them easier, like adding numbers at the end, 2 for example.
Maybe for whatever reason they thought this would be less obvious?

Piston Toyota said:
Bizarre. My best guess is someone trying to drag the ratio for the game down by loading it up with completions? But with so many tracked gamers they’d have to add a ton to even make a dent.
Perfect Dark has a few high ratio achievements, so even a few unlocks would tank it pretty hard. They could then be using the Assassin's Creed games so their overall ratio doesn't look too fishy, as they are pretty low ratio games.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 16 April 18 at 13:49
Piston Toyota said:

I’d like to point out that the few I checked all finished the entirety of Perfect Dark in one day according to timestamps. I present that fact with no further comment.
I've sent it to the Investigations Team to take a look at these accounts.
IAteA11ThePies
Posted on 16 April 18 at 23:17
Maybe they just really, really love Perfect Dark?
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 16 April 18 at 23:37
LuckyConquerer2 said:
Piston Toyota said:

I've sent it to the Investigations Team to take a look at these accounts.
There are people who like playing the same game a lot... maybe he's just trying to destroy the ratios haha.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 16 April 18 at 23:40
Ostrowidzki1989 said:
There are people who like playing the same game a lot... maybe he's just trying to destroy the ratios haha.
I was wondering if they were trying to do the fastest completion, but currently one of the accounts has it beat in less than a day. Don't know how possible that is but I've never played it so I can't comment.
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 16 April 18 at 23:50
If you were a pro Perfect Dark speedrunner? Probably possible. The IM can see timestamps down to the millisecond, if I recall correctly, so they’ll be able to tell how reasonable their completions are.

If it really is just some Perfect Dark God trying to tank the ratios one account at a time that would be hilarious. laugh
Elite1111111111
Posted on 16 April 18 at 23:53, Edited on 16 April 18 at 23:54 by Elite1111111111
At any rate all of their unlocks have been online so I'm sure for the most part it's kosher, just weird.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 17 April 18 at 06:59
What a strange thing to do.
It says "clan". Maybe a lan party? Unlikely though.
x VinnieMac x
x VinnieMac x
Posted on 17 April 18 at 10:21
does. it. really. affect. anyone?

ill still sleep fine tonight...
Piston Toyota
Piston Toyota
Posted on 17 April 18 at 10:26
x VinnieMac x said:

Well... no? Not particularly? I don’t think anyone here is up in arms about anything, it’s just a weird oddity that’s fun to speculate on.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 17 April 18 at 13:29
x VinnieMac x said:

If they are not legitimate, then yes, then impact the stats.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 17 April 18 at 19:59
x VinnieMac x said:

In a personal manner affect my life? No. Affect the site's main purpose? Yes
#mentallypudding
zeldafanjtl
zeldafanjtl
Posted on 17 April 18 at 20:39
Elite1111111111 said:
At any rate all of their unlocks have been online so I'm sure for the most part it's kosher, just weird.
I've read that it's possible to cheat achievements with online timestamps.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 17 April 18 at 21:00
zeldafanjtl said:
Elite1111111111 said:
I've read that it's possible to cheat achievements with online timestamps.
It is, and that is how they often get caught.
angry often
angry often
Posted on 18 April 18 at 06:33, Edited on 18 April 18 at 06:40 by angry often
These accounts should be terminated for cheating.
This is because cheaters game-saving on this specific game will load&pop all 200GS, and that is how these accounts all completed them the same day, or hour, it was started.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.