The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: April 17th, 2018

AuthorMessage
Chef Not Chief
Chef Not Chief
Posted on 17 April 18 at 03:14
Has anyone seen Wildlands Gold edition cheaper than this? I've been looking to get it for a while
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 17 April 18 at 03:17, Edited on 17 April 18 at 03:33 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Sky Force Reloaded for me! 😁 Lot on the list I haven't heard of, will have to check up on a few n see😁

Edit: So Guns, Gore & Cannoli looks pretty sweet, may grab that..
Matthew
XCaptainMexico
Posted on 17 April 18 at 03:23
When oh when will Tropico 5 complete edition go on sale?
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 17 April 18 at 03:26
Sco Bravheart said:
w4rdy said:
Finally Friday 13th is on sale! Worth getting? Or is Dead By Daylight better? Or both...?
I haven't played Friday the 13th but Dead by Daylight is a very addictive game. Although be prepared to lose rep.
It's something you need to play. Everyone likes different things between the games.

I went with DBD over F13. There's a few things about Friday the 13th I just didn't care for.

Dead by Daylight is a very addicting game. I'm someone that gets sick of repetition quick so I'm actually shocked I'm so hooked on DBD.

The different Killers really add more spice than you might think. Where as Jason minorly changes between each Jasoncin F13.

It's going to come down to which game you like better.
Xynvincible
Xynvincible
Posted on 17 April 18 at 03:45
Why is the market so saturated with survival horror? Probably my least favorite genre after RTS's and everywhere you turn another 5 jump out at you.
AHGreg
AHGreg
Posted on 17 April 18 at 04:06
For anyone asking about Friday the 13th, it’s a lot more fun if you play with a group in chat. It’s so boring to play without communication. Unless you are Jason, then you can just F*** everyone up laugh
A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man.
snake42069
snake42069
Posted on 17 April 18 at 04:26
crap week. Microsoft must be banking on OG Xbox purchases i guess.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 17 April 18 at 04:34, Edited on 17 April 18 at 04:34 by RadiantViper
XI AlphaMale IX said:
I really shouldn't spend more money on games I'm not going to play any time soon.
I think I tell myself this at least once a week ... doesn't seem to work!
TenFootBunny
TenFootBunny
Posted on 17 April 18 at 04:51, Edited on 17 April 18 at 04:53 by TenFootBunny
WARNING ABOUT OBSERVER

Sorry for that dramatic entrance. redface

I just want to warn anyone looking to buy >observer_ that it's the most flicker-filled game I've ever played. Anyone who has seizure or migraine issues really needs to do some homework before purchasing it. Thankfully I don't have problems with seizures, but the whole time I played the game, I was wondering how someone who copes with them would be able to sit through more than 10 minutes of play time.

Also, I have the standard One (not an S or an X) and the game runs like total crap. When I say "total crap," I mean that I experienced performance issues that very frequently dropped my frame rate to one frame every five to 10 seconds. Forget frames-per-second, this was seconds-per-frame. SPF is good for you in the sun, but not so good in video games. >observer_ is known to tax high-end PCs, and it crushes the OG One's face into six feet of mud.

It pains me to write these words because I bought Layers of Fear for a song, LOVED it, and wanted to support Bloober Team by picking up >observer_ at nearly full price. Unfortunately, it was one of the most painful gaming experiences I've had in years, and I mean that literally - every time I sat down to play, I walked away with eyestrain and headaches because of the graphics.

tl;dr - If you have problems with seizures, migraines, or if you own an original One, think twice about buying >observer_.
Blost
Blost
Posted on 17 April 18 at 05:05
Nox Mortiis said:
Might get Emily Wants to Play, I hear it's a pretty easy 1000GS.
It was painful buggy for me, perhaps I need to give it another shot but last time I tried it was anything but easy. One of the dolls that chases you would break its own rule about not crossing doorways and just keep following me. A couple hours of failing because of that while trying to traverse though the house got old real quick for me. Just my experience with it, ymmv.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 17 April 18 at 05:07, Edited on 17 April 18 at 05:08 by iTz Canada Ehh
A Hat In Time is still a bit too pricey for me, will defs wait for that to drop.

But I've played through Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, and finished about half of Tomb Raider: Underworld in the past few weeks, so that Rise of the Tomb Raider bundle is pretty enticing for that price now that I'm on the Tomb Raider train. $24 for almost 100 hours of pretty good gameplay it seems.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 17 April 18 at 05:12
Chef Not Chief said:
Has anyone seen Wildlands Gold edition cheaper than this? I've been looking to get it for a while
I checked store parser for you. This is the cheapest the Gold Edition has ever been digitally. Normally only goes down to 50% off, but has had increasingly bigger discounts in recent months, dropping to 60% off once in February and 67% off now.
Dalek Legion
Dalek Legion
Posted on 17 April 18 at 05:22
That's the cheapest Skyrim has ever been, you should pick it up now if you've been waiting.

Few good ones here, tempted by the Surge. Been wanting to play it for a while.
Beep Boop
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 17 April 18 at 05:24
Rise of the Tomb Raider is a good price for the whole lot. Hmmmm...
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 17 April 18 at 06:28
I'll probably get observer, outlast 2 and soma and then not play them for months.
NismoR034
NismoR034
Posted on 17 April 18 at 06:31, Edited on 17 April 18 at 06:33 by NismoR034
Every time a weekly sale rolls around that features a bunch of the ID@Xbox games, it's always sad to see all the gaps with no pricing for us Australians. So many games -- some higher profile ones as well like Hat In Time or, not on sale this week but still a known game, The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter -- that aren't on the AU store, for whatever reason. The main reason is probably the expense it costs to get things rated here, but then that doesn't explain why, say, all of the Artifex Mundi games are on the AU PSN and Steam stores but not on the AU Xbox store. There's something weird going on, and it seems mostly Xbox specific.

And yes, I'm aware there are ways around it to still obtain these games. Changing regions and all that. I know that's how most Aussies get these games. And so therefore that I can use those methods as well. I'm talking more from a point of principle here, more than anything. It's both weird and absurd that these games aren't appearing on the AU store, either at all or very late, such as Layers Of Fear did back in the day.
Ernie Furglar
Posted on 17 April 18 at 06:47
Nox Mortiis said:
Might get Emily Wants to Play, I hear it's a pretty easy 1000GS.
It's easy but a little luck based.
Har Miggido
Har Miggido
Posted on 17 April 18 at 07:04
Been waiting for a wick and outlast 2 sale and we get both at the same time :)
TCrash55
TCrash55
Posted on 17 April 18 at 07:12
Ugh why did I have to stumble across this... NEED. TO. SAVE. MONEY.
Splatador
Splatador
Posted on 17 April 18 at 07:14
Holy poop! 'Friday the 13th' is now reasonably priced! Bring on the slaughter!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.