The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: April 17th, 2018

AuthorMessage
The Killjoy Law
Posted on 17 April 18 at 21:49
Hows the guns gore an canoli game like?
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 18 April 18 at 00:47, Edited on 18 April 18 at 03:30 by XI AlphaMale IX
RadiantViper said:
XI AlphaMale IX said:
I really shouldn't spend more money on games I'm not going to play any time soon.
I think I tell myself this at least once a week ... doesn't seem to work!
Made it a whole day!

Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut and think I will finally pick up Unravel
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 18 April 18 at 01:18
The Killjoy Law said:
Hows the guns gore an canoli game like?
It’s a decent side scroller that has you, an Italian Mobster taking out the living dead... or the undead... or Zombies, and then other Italian Bosses. It’s fun but I haven’t gone back to clean up all of the achievements yet... it can get tough for some of them, even playing on easy, isn’t so easy. Of course, you could definitely feel otherwise. Go to the game page and check out some clips, or the review and get a better feel for it... Mmmmm, that’s some good canolli!!!
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 18 April 18 at 03:54
Chef Not Chief said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Chef Not Chief said:
Has anyone seen Wildlands Gold edition cheaper than this? I've been looking to get it for a while
I checked store parser for you. This is the cheapest the Gold Edition has ever been digitally. Normally only goes down to 50% off, but has had increasingly bigger discounts in recent months, dropping to 60% off once in February and 67% off now.
Thanks. I'll have to remember that site so I can check stuff in the future
No probs bud. I asked during the spring sale about Hitman and someone mentioned it to me and it was the first time I saw it. Pretty useful as I constantly come across games where I'm like "Should I just wait for it to go cheaper" or "Does this go on sale often" and it helps for sure.
sanityends
sanityends
Posted on 18 April 18 at 07:46
What would you all say is the most overall scary make a grown man Jump out of this sale? I have a friend that is about to be gifted a game and need suggestions 😙
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 18 April 18 at 14:50
If you don't have it yet, The Surge is the best deal. I like the way they did the sale. You can
--Get the base game on sale
--Get the base game bundled with the DLC on sale
--Get the DLC by itself on sale
This is how games should be put on sale (IMHO).
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 18 April 18 at 15:34
sanityends said:
What would you all say is the most overall scary make a grown man Jump out of this sale? I have a friend that is about to be gifted a game and need suggestions 😙
Honestly, it depends what scares them. The only scary games I've played from this list are Layers of Fear and Outlast. They're scary in different ways though. Layers of Fear makes use of jump scares a lot, while Outlast makes use of a scary atmosphere. I used walkthroughs for both so I knew what to expect, and found Layers of Fear to be scarier for me even though I knew what was coming. But I mean you probably couldn't go wrong with either of those.
XI AlphaMale IX
Posted on 18 April 18 at 17:56
Allgorhythm said:
If you don't have it yet, The Surge is the best deal. I like the way they did the sale. You can
--Get the base game on sale
--Get the base game bundled with the DLC on sale
--Get the DLC by itself on sale
This is how games should be put on sale (IMHO).
Is it any good?
Solo Wing 82
Solo Wing 82
Posted on 18 April 18 at 20:03
I picked up some games this sale, but also some of the backwards compatible Xbox original games. Damn, those games look amazing on the One X. Crystal clear sharp picture, smooth framerates, awe-some. I don't care they don't have achievements, they are awesome games to play! I picked up Morrowind, Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ninja gaiden Black, Conker live and reloaded. Beautiful. Brings back memories, and I can sell my original copies, and get more than what I paid for the digital copies.
I hope more games wil go backwards compatible.

I can also confirm that Morrowind is the Goty edition so you get Bloodmoon and Tribunal.
The Killjoy Law
Posted on 19 April 18 at 10:04
Hows has been heroes like?
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 19 April 18 at 16:42, Edited on 19 April 18 at 16:50 by Fanta Morgana
iTz Canada Ehh said:
sanityends said:
Honestly, it depends what scares them. The only scary games I've played from this list are Layers of Fear and Outlast. They're scary in different ways though. Layers of Fear makes use of jump scares a lot, while Outlast makes use of a scary atmosphere. I used walkthroughs for both so I knew what to expect, and found Layers of Fear to be scarier for me even though I knew what was coming. But I mean you probably couldn't go wrong with either of those.
If we're talking Xbox1 I would go with Resident Evil 7 I think.
Personally I found Layers of fear really bad and not scary at all. I guess that comes mainly from you can't die and there being no enemies. It was just a gallery of rooms, each of which has a more or less "scary" thing happening in them.

RE7 is more or less classic survival horror, where you get chased and ambushed all the time and have to fight for your life with minimal amount of ammo and health.
GuardianAngelGG
Posted on 22 April 18 at 21:56, Edited on 22 April 18 at 22:09 by GuardianAngelGG
I bought an Xbox One X in late February, just so I could create game clips for TA Playlist's Fable 2 month, in March. I also ended up pre-ordering Sea of Thieves (MASSIVE waste of money, because I have pretty much quit playing Sea of Thieves - totally not worth buying, for me). By mid-March, my Xbox One X had about 5% of the space taken up on the hard drive. I have been considering getting other Xbox games, in case I ever get time to play more games. I decided the best thing to do was check out these TA "Sale Roundup" threads for games on sale, that I had heard of and considered trying out someday (I would rather get them on sale, in case I never have time to play them). In about the past month my Xbox 360 has had some games added to it from these sales, but my Xbox One X has gone from 5% hard drive space used to 54% hard drive space used. I just wanted to say that TrueAchievements SUCKS, because you are forcing me to fill up my Xbox hard drive space too fast!!! LMAO laugh

Seriously though, I love these sale announcements on TA, because I don't buy many games, so I would not be regularly checking the Xbox store for sales. I stay really busy with work and personal interests, so even if I was checking the Xbox store, it would probably be "hit and miss", and I would end up missing out on some great sales for games that I have been considering buying, if they ever go on sale. Thanks a lot for these sale and free game announcements, because they are very useful and helpful. Without them, I would not be building the awesome BACKLOG that I am drowning in, right now! compute dive

"SORT OF" OFF TOPIC SIDE NOTE: Another game I was thinking about getting, if it ever goes on sale, is "Dragon Age: Inquisition". I have been looking around, and I know the Xbox site has the "Game of the Year" edition for $39.99 ($35.99 if you have EA Access, which I do not have), the price is $59.99 through Best Buy, Gamestop, etc., and used copies on ebay typically go for $25 or more (I prefer to buy new, though). I was at my local Wal-Mart doing some grocery shopping, and decided to swing by the games section, in case I saw any cheap games I might be interested in. When I saw "Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year" on the shelf for $19.93 (brand new, original sealed copies behind the locked glass), I was sure it must be a labeling error, but I checked with the sales person and bought it for a total of $21.33, once tax was included. The Wal-Mart website lists it for $38.32. I have no idea when I will have time to install it on my box, or actually play it, but I was NOT going to pass up snagging a sealed copy for that price, because I don't know when I will see it that cheap again. If you happen to be going out to some of your local stores to shop, don't forget to swing by the games section, just in case you happen to get lucky and find an awesome, unadvertised sale! smile
Chakaal Starr
Chakaal Starr
Posted on 24 April 18 at 15:53
GuardianAngelGG said:
I bought an Xbox One X in late February, just so I could create game clips for TA Playlist's Fable 2 month, in March. I also ended up pre-ordering Sea of Thieves (MASSIVE waste of money, because I have pretty much quit playing Sea of Thieves - totally not worth buying, for me). By mid-March, my Xbox One X had about 5% of the space taken up on the hard drive. I have been considering getting other Xbox games, in case I ever get time to play more games. I decided the best thing to do was check out these TA "Sale Roundup" threads for games on sale, that I had heard of and considered trying out someday (I would rather get them on sale, in case I never have time to play them). In about the past month my Xbox 360 has had some games added to it from these sales, but my Xbox One X has gone from 5% hard drive space used to 54% hard drive space used. I just wanted to say that TrueAchievements SUCKS, because you are forcing me to fill up my Xbox hard drive space too fast!!! LMAO laugh

Seriously though, I love these sale announcements on TA, because I don't buy many games, so I would not be regularly checking the Xbox store for sales. I stay really busy with work and personal interests, so even if I was checking the Xbox store, it would probably be "hit and miss", and I would end up missing out on some great sales for games that I have been considering buying, if they ever go on sale. Thanks a lot for these sale and free game announcements, because they are very useful and helpful. Without them, I would not be building the awesome BACKLOG that I am drowning in, right now! compute dive

"SORT OF" OFF TOPIC SIDE NOTE: Another game I was thinking about getting, if it ever goes on sale, is "Dragon Age: Inquisition". I have been looking around, and I know the Xbox site has the "Game of the Year" edition for $39.99 ($35.99 if you have EA Access, which I do not have), the price is $59.99 through Best Buy, Gamestop, etc., and used copies on ebay typically go for $25 or more (I prefer to buy new, though). I was at my local Wal-Mart doing some grocery shopping, and decided to swing by the games section, in case I saw any cheap games I might be interested in. When I saw "Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year" on the shelf for $19.93 (brand new, original sealed copies behind the locked glass), I was sure it must be a labeling error, but I checked with the sales person and bought it for a total of $21.33, once tax was included. The Wal-Mart website lists it for $38.32. I have no idea when I will have time to install it on my box, or actually play it, but I was NOT going to pass up snagging a sealed copy for that price, because I don't know when I will see it that cheap again. If you happen to be going out to some of your local stores to shop, don't forget to swing by the games section, just in case you happen to get lucky and find an awesome, unadvertised sale! smile
You should buy yourself an external hard drive, you will fill that too!

If you don't know when you will play a game, you are honestly better holding back until you are ready to play it even over jumping on the deal you found. By the time you are ready to play it, odds are it will be less than 10 on a countdown, black friday, or spring sale. Even if it doesn't go on sale, that price is like a year of ea access, which gives you a whole pile of games in the vault including DAI.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.