Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Dying Light Content Drop #6 Brings a Snake in the Grass

• punkyliarpunkyliar191,425
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,019,719
    Posted on 17 April 18 at 10:17Permalink
    One of the few remaining games we really want, but with our backlogs we can wait for a drastic sale!
    Legohead 1977
  • TuschiTuschi973,618
    Posted on 17 April 18 at 10:24Permalink
    Has the season pass for this ever been on sale? Even at a discount the complete edition is super expensive here.
  • xNSHDxNSHD1,004,610
    Posted on 17 April 18 at 10:52Permalink
    they raised the price of the season pass when they released the following expansion. i decided to buy it before the price hike as it worked out you would only be paying for what the standalone price of the following so i essentially got all the other bits of content for free.

also on topic i really wish they would just stop with these little content drops that really are just worthless and actually announce a sequel.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper785,732
    Posted on 17 April 18 at 11:21Permalink
    xNSHD said:
    they raised the price of the season pass when they released the following expansion. i decided to buy it before the price hike as it worked out you would only be paying for what the standalone price of the following so i essentially got all the other bits of content for free.

also on topic i really wish they would just stop with these little content drops that really are just worthless and actually announce a sequel.
    Not worthless to keep people interested in the original and get articles published about it constantly leading up to a sequel announcement. It's actually pretty smart marketing.
  • Posted on 17 April 18 at 11:43Permalink
    xNSHD said:
    I sort've agree, a sequel would be incredible, and my hopes of a Dead Island 2 eventually resurfacing get darker by the day..

That said, it is cool to see a developer supporting their product for so long after release! clap
  • TheAnonymityTheAnonymity408,491
    Posted on 17 April 18 at 15:48Permalink
    TheTailsEffect said:
    xNSHD said:
    I sort've agree, a sequel would be incredible, and my hopes of a Dead Island 2 eventually resurfacing get darker by the day..

That said, it is cool to see a developer supporting their product for so long after release! clap
    there already is a dead island 2. it's called dead island riptide.
  • Posted on 17 April 18 at 20:14, Edited on 17 April 18 at 20:15 by Ernie FurglarPermalink
    TheAnonymity said:
    TheTailsEffect said:
    xNSHD said:

Then it would be called Dead Island 2, not Riptide. It's like AC: Brotherhood being called Brotherhood and not AC: III
  • FigbenderFigbender570,174
    Posted on 18 April 18 at 03:58Permalink
    TheAnonymity said:
    TheTailsEffect said:
    xNSHD said:

That was more like a standalone expansion
  • Posted on 18 April 18 at 04:12Permalink
    this game is begging for enhancements. it's not an ugly game, but it's definitely rough around the edges, 4k hdr would be perfect on it.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,137,178
    Posted on 18 April 18 at 22:28Permalink
    constant free content drops does make money. I am sure publishers are seeing an increase of new sales in games which do this because, if a person is not an acihevement hunter and keeps the game in hopes of new content, the game will not be put back into reused game stores. thus increasing sales overall.

I love there is a trend to do this, but i really need new acheivements. I don't care about new gears or cosmetics.
  • Posted on 19 April 18 at 09:57Permalink
    wondering with these updates,if it is a gauge to see if there is still interest in the game (and why wudnt there belaugh).Keep us preoccupied with this while they work on the 2nd installment ...he sayss hopefully shock
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.