Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three Games Leave Xbox Game Pass on April 30th, 2018

AuthorMessage
Jaffa Cake King
Posted on 17 April 18 at 14:49
The removal of games is why i will never subscribe to Game Pass.
Auston53
Auston53
Posted on 17 April 18 at 15:29
xNSHD said:
nobody should really care about this.
Right haha
Isn't today wonderful? Like a rainbow wrapped in a screaming orgasm.
Reborn Insanity
Posted on 17 April 18 at 16:27, Edited on 17 April 18 at 16:27 by Reborn Insanity
Short notice, but nothing to be bothered about on the list.
See You Space Cowboy...
Achilles8249
Achilles8249
Posted on 17 April 18 at 16:39
It says underneath every title "available until ??/??/??"
Awoo
Awoo
Posted on 17 April 18 at 16:57
As good a time as any for you lot to play Lumo. Great game.
What can change the nature of a man?
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 17 April 18 at 17:48, Edited on 17 April 18 at 17:49 by Mannschaft570
Two months in Gamepass and a 12-days warning is just ridiculous, to such an extent that I will probably resell the 3 months subscription I got with my console.
Yinga Garten
Yinga Garten
Posted on 17 April 18 at 17:55
Shame to see Lumo go earlier than I expected. Its well worth a try now and can definitely be completed before it is removed. The ratio isn't as daunting as it seems, its just a bit fiddly as it has loads of missables that you need to quit the game and reboot if you fail to get them. Great guide on the site that covers all that is needed.
x1c1cle
x1c1cle
Posted on 17 April 18 at 18:38
ypod said:
Just three months is kind of a disappointingly short amount of time for those titles to be available.

I would hope that stuff would stay on there six months at a minimum, any shorter and it starts to feel like a free sample service rather than an instant game library.
but that could be an effective business strategy for the developer. the aim would be to put the game on XboxGamePass for a short amount of time, get people interested or hooked, and then quickly pull the game from GamePass, hoping the hook sunk in, thus requiring gamers to buy the game.
Gunstar Red
Gunstar Red
Posted on 17 April 18 at 18:58
We wish WWE 2K17 the best in their future endeavors.
Anxsighety
Anxsighety
Posted on 17 April 18 at 19:19, Edited on 17 April 18 at 19:23 by Anxsighety
Jaffa Cake King said:
Do you like Netflix? Hulu? Unless your answer is a big NO, then please shut up. The fact people can’t underatand the service makes me wonder what the IQ of these people are.

Know what’s great? Old stuff leaves so new stuff can cycle in. INSANE CONCEPT.

“For $15 a month I should own all of these games for eternity”
Mannschaft570
Mannschaft570
Posted on 17 April 18 at 19:32, Edited on 17 April 18 at 19:38 by Mannschaft570
xSRYANx said:
Jaffa Cake King said:
Do you like Netflix? Hulu? Unless your answer is a big NO, then please shut up. The fact people can’t underatand the service makes me wonder what the IQ of these people are.

The comparison is just irrelevant. Most people can afford to take one hour each evening to even vaguely watch, let's say, a Walking Dead season within two weeks, while a game like NBA 2K17 requires some serious dedication to be completed. If you're unable to see the difference between a videogame and a TV show, you shouldn't care that much about others' IQ.
Jaffa Cake King
Posted on 17 April 18 at 20:52, Edited on 17 April 18 at 20:54 by Jaffa Cake King
xSRYANx said:
Jaffa Cake King said:

If you can't see the glaring difference between watching a 1hr throwaway TV show and investing time into a 40+ hour game then talking about other people's IQ seems a bit silly.

Besides it's purely my subjective opinion on the service and the fact that it doesn't match up with yours is irrelevant. They're both valid opinions.
Buttercup III
Buttercup III
Posted on 17 April 18 at 21:33, Edited on 17 April 18 at 21:34 by Buttercup III
If you care about completion percentages and haven’t started WWE 2K17 yet, don’t. I like to consider myself one of the best people in the world at that game and it’s still a tedious grind.

Also NBA 2K17 has been uncompleteable since like Day 1
TheOdd101
TheOdd101
Posted on 17 April 18 at 23:15
I would assume that MCC will arrive once 343 release the new patch that's meant to fix everything.
Anxsighety
Anxsighety
Posted on 17 April 18 at 23:27, Edited on 17 April 18 at 23:30 by Anxsighety
Mannschaft570 said:
xSRYANx said:
Jaffa Cake King said:

The comparison is just irrelevant. Most people can afford to take one hour each evening to even vaguely watch, let's say, a Walking Dead season within two weeks, while a game like NBA 2K17 requires some serious dedication to be completed. If you're unable to see the difference between a videogame and a TV show, you shouldn't care that much about others' IQ.
How could you possibly miss the point so damn bad? It’s not about games vs tv/movies. It’s about subscription services and how they function lmao. Wow. The IQ insult is cute too since you don’t seem to know how to get a point.

With that said, if you’re waiting until delisting announcements for a subscription service you probably aren’t using it right.
Anxsighety
Anxsighety
Posted on 17 April 18 at 23:28
Jaffa Cake King said:
xSRYANx said:
Jaffa Cake King said:

If you can't see the glaring difference between watching a 1hr throwaway TV show and investing time into a 40+ hour game then talking about other people's IQ seems a bit silly.

Besides it's purely my subjective opinion on the service and the fact that it doesn't match up with yours is irrelevant. They're both valid opinions.
It’s nice that you copy and pasted your friend, but the reality is that this wasn’t games vs tv/movies. It was the basis of how subscription services work. Missing the point that bad is hilarious. These games are also on here for months, so even if we use your example, you are wrong.
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 18 April 18 at 00:10
Lumo is a gem, highly recommend this one. Don't care much that it's leaving game pass though as I bought it day one.
[Insert signature here.]
Cornerscout
Cornerscout
Posted on 18 April 18 at 01:55
Three relatively impossible completions leaving with way too short of a notice. Love it.
You should check out my subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamerscore/
GRAND NOBLE
GRAND NOBLE
Posted on 18 April 18 at 01:57
OMG EVERYONE GO PLAY LUMO GO GOG GO GOGO GOGO OGOG OG
Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
Smallville2106
Posted on 18 April 18 at 02:29, Edited on 18 April 18 at 02:29 by Smallville2106
Not played any of them and wouldn’t anyway I don’t think, so ok by me this month.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.