Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Three Games Leave Xbox Game Pass on April 30th, 2018

AuthorMessage
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 18 April 18 at 02:54, Edited on 18 April 18 at 15:52 by adamrulz
I’ve been meaning to play Lumo for a while now... maybe I’ll get that discount on it through game pass before it leaves. Lots of good things said about it here so I better at least check it out.

As far as the guys having a pissing match over subscription services... I get both views. As far as a subscription service, nothing will stay forever, except for MS games and that’s the same with Netflix. I imagine either company pays a price to have them at item available to their customer base for a certain amount of time. Only way to keep it permanently is if the owner of the service, also owns that particular game or movie/series. Same goes for ANY Sub service... even Amazon Music does the same thing and only certain items last longer than others. You KNOW it’s a limited availability so if there is something you want to do or see, it’s best to jump to it quickly because you KNOW it won’t last forever. Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, and they all stink lol. You guys both have points, but you should also know the reality of the service... at the end of the day, it’s all business. The only thing I don’t understand, is why anyone needs to personally attack someone over their opinion. **edit** removed poor taste quote.
Terrene Fire
Terrene Fire
Posted on 18 April 18 at 07:08
adamrulz said:
I’ve been meaning to play Lumo for a while now... maybe I’ll get that discount on it through game pass before it leaves. Lots of good things said about it here so I better at least check it out.

As far as the guys having a pissing match over subscription services... I get both views. As far as a subscription service, nothing will stay forever, except for MS games and that’s the same with Netflix. I imagine either company pays a price to have them at item available to their customer base for a certain amount of time. Only way to keep it permanently is if the owner of the service, also owns that particular game or movie/series. Same goes for ANY Sub service... even Amazon Music does the same thing and only certain items last longer than others. You KNOW it’s a limited availability so if there is something you want to do or see, it’s best to jump to it quickly because you KNOW it won’t last forever. Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, and they all stink lol. You guys both have points, but you should also know the reality of the service... at the end of the day, it’s all business. The only thing I don’t understand, is why anyone needs to personally attack someone over their views. My last thing is... “Arguing over the internet is like playing in the special olympics... Even if you win, you’re still retarded”- unknown
See this was a nice balanced post, until you end it with a offensive “quote”
Being rude about people with disabilities is actually worse than the people calling each other stupid over how they feel game Pass should work
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 18 April 18 at 08:48
Awoo said:
As good a time as any for you lot to play Lumo. Great game.
It absolutely is.
hitman04
hitman04
Posted on 18 April 18 at 08:57
xNSHD said:
nobody should really care about this.
This laugh
Dragonata
Dragonata
Posted on 18 April 18 at 09:47
Good riddance!
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 18 April 18 at 10:47
Terrene Fire said:
adamrulz said:

As far as the guys having a pissing match over subscription services... I get both views. As far as a subscription service, nothing will stay forever, except for MS games and that’s the same with Netflix. I imagine either company pays a price to have them at item available to their customer base for a certain amount of time. Only way to keep it permanently is if the owner of the service, also owns that particular game or movie/series. Same goes for ANY Sub service... even Amazon Music does the same thing and only certain items last longer than others. You KNOW it’s a limited availability so if there is something you want to do or see, it’s best to jump to it quickly because you KNOW it won’t last forever. Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, and they all stink lol. You guys both have points, but you should also know the reality of the service... at the end of the day, it’s all business. The only thing I don’t understand, is why anyone needs to personally attack someone over their views. My last thing is... “Arguing over the internet is like playing in the special olympics... Even if you win, you’re still retarded”- unknown
Being rude about people with disabilities is actually worse than the people calling each other stupid over how they feel game Pass should work
It was funny though 😳
CyRu5 7h3 ViRu5
Posted on 18 April 18 at 17:18
I just they should give us more time like say a month warning when games are leaving.
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 18 April 18 at 19:29
CyRu5 7h3 ViRu5 said:
I just they should give us more time like say a month warning when games are leaving.
This. If they said “Here’s what’s coming, and here’s what’s going” each month, that would help everybody out. It isn’t like someone said, “We changed out minds, please remove” you know they signed a contract to have it available for a certain amount of time. Netflix does this as well. Say it’s April 1st... an article says, “Here is what is coming next month, for May, and here is what’s leaving in May.” That would be great!!
Stunna Kush
Stunna Kush
Posted on 18 April 18 at 21:56
xSRYANx said:
Mannschaft570 said:
xSRYANx said:
Jaffa Cake King said:
The removal of games is why i will never subscribe to Game Pass.
Do you like Netflix? Hulu? Unless your answer is a big NO, then please shut up. The fact people can’t underatand the service makes me wonder what the IQ of these people are.

Know what’s great? Old stuff leaves so new stuff can cycle in. INSANE CONCEPT.

“For $15 a month I should own all of these games for eternity”
The comparison is just irrelevant. Most people can afford to take one hour each evening to even vaguely watch, let's say, a Walking Dead season within two weeks, while a game like NBA 2K17 requires some serious dedication to be completed. If you're unable to see the difference between a videogame and a TV show, you shouldn't care that much about others' IQ.
How could you possibly miss the point so damn bad? It’s not about games vs tv/movies. It’s about subscription services and how they function lmao. Wow. The IQ insult is cute too since you don’t seem to know how to get a point.

With that said, if you’re waiting until delisting announcements for a subscription service you probably aren’t using it right.
LOL. I feel like there's some serious compensating happening here. But you're probably right, they're probably dumb as hell for sounding reasonable and civil while expressing a reasonable opinion that's also shared by other people, and you clearly succeeded at proving the infallibility of your point and becoming Champion of the Internet by starting at "belligerent tool" level and getting worse from there, slaying all challengers with your superior intelligence and comprehension of all that is business models.

How fortunate and blessed we all are to exist at the same time and in (roughly) the same place as you and your IQ which is almost certainly at least as high as your GS (the TA inflated version, no less).
FnChuckNoris
FnChuckNoris
Posted on 19 April 18 at 04:38
Looking for online boost partner. FnChuckNoris.
MVPVincent
MVPVincent
Posted on 19 April 18 at 06:32
Stunna Kush said:
xSRYANx said:
Mannschaft570 said:
xSRYANx said:
Jaffa Cake King said:
The removal of games is why i will never subscribe to Game Pass.
Do you like Netflix? Hulu? Unless your answer is a big NO, then please shut up. The fact people can’t underatand the service makes me wonder what the IQ of these people are.

Know what’s great? Old stuff leaves so new stuff can cycle in. INSANE CONCEPT.

“For $15 a month I should own all of these games for eternity”
The comparison is just irrelevant. Most people can afford to take one hour each evening to even vaguely watch, let's say, a Walking Dead season within two weeks, while a game like NBA 2K17 requires some serious dedication to be completed. If you're unable to see the difference between a videogame and a TV show, you shouldn't care that much about others' IQ.
How could you possibly miss the point so damn bad? It’s not about games vs tv/movies. It’s about subscription services and how they function lmao. Wow. The IQ insult is cute too since you don’t seem to know how to get a point.

With that said, if you’re waiting until delisting announcements for a subscription service you probably aren’t using it right.
LOL. I feel like there's some serious compensating happening here. But you're probably right, they're probably dumb as hell for sounding reasonable and civil while expressing a reasonable opinion that's also shared by other people, and you clearly succeeded at proving the infallibility of your point and becoming Champion of the Internet by starting at "belligerent tool" level and getting worse from there, slaying all challengers with your superior intelligence and comprehension of all that is business models.

How fortunate and blessed we all are to exist at the same time and in (roughly) the same place as you and your IQ which is almost certainly at least as high as your GS (the TA inflated version, no less).
What a delightful conversation this is.
j hews
j hews
Posted on 19 April 18 at 15:20
So say you are playing one of the games that is coming off. You can't finish it? There is no grace period or anything. Seems kinda annoying.
j hews
Deadsh0tGG
Deadsh0tGG
Posted on 19 April 18 at 22:36, Edited on 19 April 18 at 22:39 by Deadsh0tGG
NawtyCawty said:
Terrene Fire said:
adamrulz said:

It was funny though 😳
Not funny. Not funny at all, to be honest. I do not get the reason this "joke" exists (I have seen over the internet again). It is not only rude and disrespectful, but also inaccurate. Lots of people competing in the Special Olympics do not have ANY mental disability. And both them and the ones with such disabilities are great athletes, doing things most ordinary people wouldn't be able to do at that level.
Hunter226037
Hunter226037
Posted on 25 April 18 at 10:21
Deadsh0tGG said:
NawtyCawty said:
Terrene Fire said:
adamrulz said:

It was funny though 😳
Not funny. Not funny at all, to be honest. I do not get the reason this "joke" exists (I have seen over the internet again). It is not only rude and disrespectful, but also inaccurate. Lots of people competing in the Special Olympics do not have ANY mental disability. And both them and the ones with such disabilities are great athletes, doing things most ordinary people wouldn't be able to do at that level.
Dude, it was a joke. Get over yourself.
H
Elite1111111111
Posted on 25 April 18 at 12:20
Reign it in folks. Keep it on topic.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.