Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Best Xbox Fighting Games Available in 2018

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 19 April 18 at 07:59
Round one . . . fight!

Please click here to read the story: The Best Xbox Fighting Games Available in 2018
Iggsy81
Iggsy81
Posted on 19 April 18 at 08:15
Didn't even mention the best one: Soulcalibur 6
Malazan
Malazan
Posted on 19 April 18 at 08:17
Iggsy81 said:
It's not out yet.
x
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 19 April 18 at 08:28
My favourite fighters have always been the DoA games, I seem to be able to pull of the combos far more successfully than any of the others, add to that the counters which can really help to beat the button mashers and the fact that it's free.
Legohead 1977
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 19 April 18 at 09:04
Good list but I feel DOA5 is missing.
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 19 April 18 at 09:24
All neo geo fighting games. Especially King of fighters 97.:)
Desi Shinobi
Desi Shinobi
Posted on 19 April 18 at 10:20
I agree on the list but DOA5 should have been in it too.
Healtti
Healtti
Posted on 19 April 18 at 10:23
Dead or Alive over any of these.

#Facts
HuwCW87
HuwCW87
Posted on 19 April 18 at 11:03
Legohead 1977 said:
My favourite fighters have always been the DoA games, I seem to be able to pull of the combos far more successfully than any of the others, add to that the counters which can really help to beat the button mashers and the fact that it's free.
Dead or alive games are too easy and the counters are way to easy to pull off.
DirtyI30
DirtyI30
Posted on 19 April 18 at 11:20
Zukape said:
All neo geo fighting games. Especially King of fighters 97.:)
This guy knows.
RulingGinger24
Posted on 19 April 18 at 11:58
Malazan said:
Iggsy81 said:
It's not out yet.
But it does come out this year
CRUM LEE
CRUM LEE
Posted on 19 April 18 at 12:30
Shadow Mode in Killer Instinct is actually pretty fun. I need to spend more time on it. Also interested in Tekken 7 and DBZ Fighters, but I just don't have the time for either right now.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 19 April 18 at 12:55
CRUM LEE said:
Shadow Mode in Killer Instinct is actually pretty fun. I need to spend more time on it. Also interested in Tekken 7 and DBZ Fighters, but I just don't have the time for either right now.
You can 1K Tekken 7 in a day if you kept at it. Just throwing that out there. I honestly kept setting the game down because I didn't want to 1K it that fast. Easiest Tekken on Xbox.
Moldy Tacos5000
Posted on 19 April 18 at 13:00
Anyone want to complete Mortal Kombat? It's been staring at me for some time now.
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 19 April 18 at 13:03, Edited on 20 April 18 at 15:27 by Evandalist
Killer Instinct and UFC 3 are absolute garbage.

There's no skill level at all in Killer Instinct as it allows combo assist online which favors mashers, and even at high levels (killer rank) the meta is nothing but a rock, paper, scissors guessing game based on who guesses the combo breaker correctly. All of the characters control exactly the same, with only 2 characters having a unique playstyle all their own - Aganos and Eyedol. Aganos because his style is predicated upon using rocks to "chunk up" and generate armor, and Eyedol because he literally has two different fighting styles depending on whether his warrior or mage head is active at the moment. Everybody else plays and feels the exact same and the ultimates are some of the most poorly animated and laughably pathetic finishing moves I've ever seen in a fighting game since Clay Fighter 63 and 1/3 on the N64. There's a reason the game has been laughed out of the tournament scene and why nobody with any standing in the FGC plays it.

As for UFC 3 - It completely ruined the series. 2 was a phenomenal game, 3 is just overly complicated and a major step backwards compares to the previous 2 entries. Some additions were great, such as multi-directional striking, but the control scheme is convoluted as fuck, and the "one punch can change a fight!" selling point/mechanic is executed so horribly it's infuriating. You can literally drop a dude online 12 times or more and still not knock him out, meanwhile if he slips one shot of yours and lands a lucky uppercut or hook you're instantly knocked out without even being given an opportunity for recovery. Check the EA Sports UFC subreddit or even the official forums to see how outraged fans of the series are with how badly EA damaged the series with this entry. And that's without me even touching on how career mode is a complete bore, how the online meta is hookspam for superiority, how poorly they executed the stamina system this time out, or how Ultimate Team is a sham game mode that veered hard right away from being our promised CAF league to being a microtransaction mode that pushes users to purchase loot crates (random card packs) to gain an advantage.

Why anybody would put these 2 pieces of shit on any "best" list is beyond me.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Legohead 1977
Legohead 1977
Posted on 19 April 18 at 13:28
HuwCW87 said:
Legohead 1977 said:
Dead or alive games are too easy and the counters are way to easy to pull off.
You must be pretty good at fighting games, I know the combos will take a while, but I think one day I'll get them, however the similar challenges on other games are just far too much for me.

If you find it easy, you should try the Last Round, it's free and you should breeze the completion.
Legohead 1977
mkdfan1990
mkdfan1990
Posted on 19 April 18 at 13:43
Can’t wait for the probable Mortal Kombat 11 announcement a week before E3!
I love NetherRealm Studios!
Dellfis
Dellfis
Posted on 19 April 18 at 13:56
This list is missing all the ACA NEOGEO games :D
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 19 April 18 at 14:48
New Paralyzer said:
CRUM LEE said:
You can 1K Tekken 7 in a day if you kept at it. Just throwing that out there. I honestly kept setting the game down because I didn't want to 1K it that fast. Easiest Tekken on Xbox.
It's a good thing there's more to a fighting game than the achievements. My most played genre over the last 20 years, most of which came way before achievements existed.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorlac0666 Please subscribe!! Xbox live Zorlac0666, Steam-Zorlac666 battle.net Zorlac#1875 Nintendo network Zorlac666
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 19 April 18 at 15:25
Surprised the comments are enabled on this article. Normally the "best of" ones don't have them. At least for non-pro members anyway.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.