The TrueAchievements Podcast

Forum for discussing the TrueAchievements Podcast - show feedback and new ideas

TA Podcast: Hellblade, Owlboy, The Adventure Pals and Win a Game

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic627,568
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,594,049
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 17:17
    Hellblade looks pretty good. I gotta say, if I didn't have such a huge backlog, I would have probably bought it already.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • MexicanFlyerMexicanFlyer1,021,777
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 17:29
    I'm really glad I'll finally be able to play the Shenmue series. Hopefully we'll get 3 too someday.
  • Duke Metal91Duke Metal91365,261
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 17:29
    Put yer legs away!
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,023,494
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 17:49
    Pure nostalgia. Adventure Pals reminds me of Yoshi's Island. One of the best games I played as a kid.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • RunroyRunroy786,570
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 18:30
    sounds good
    [URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Runroy][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Runroy.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Nighthawk205Nighthawk205367,627
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 19:01
    The avatar discussion part of the podcast sounded like a troubleshooting session for Microsoft to figure out how to utilize them better laugh

Didn't get a chance to watch the stream of it, but Adventure Pals sounds like it's full of over the top ridiculous fun... I'm definitely interested in it now after not really caring much for it before.
  • CarlOBreezyCarlOBreezy293,818
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 20:24
    Adventure Pals looks absolutely hysterical!
  • derektwopointohderektwopointoh1,163,417
    Posted on 20 April 18 at 22:01
    I can’t wait to play Adventure Pals!
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,097,470
    Posted on 21 April 18 at 02:33
    The Adventure Pals is amazing, cannot wait to get around to it at some point.
  • RADtech2448RADtech2448449,056
    Posted on 21 April 18 at 03:47
    Hadn't heard of Adventure Pals until now, but it sounds like a future pick up
  • Posted on 21 April 18 at 05:49
    One thing I’d like to see with avatars is the ability to get new items from hard achievements. So if someone gets Seriously 4.0 you can get a gold lancer. This way when someone sees your avatar they you’re total boss at that game. So not only does it look cool but it also becomes a badge.
  • MiTz75MiTz7548,852
    Posted on 21 April 18 at 07:12
    Another great informative podcast, thanks so much!
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,097,470
    Posted on 21 April 18 at 16:25
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    One thing I’d like to see with avatars is the ability to get new items from hard achievements. So if someone gets Seriously 4.0 you can get a gold lancer. This way when someone sees your avatar they you’re total boss at that game. So not only does it look cool but it also becomes a badge.
    I remember devs did this in the form of Avatar Rewards on the 360 in like 2011-2012. Unlocking specific achievements in game would unlock like shirts or other things. Unfortunately they were pretty trivial and not difficult to get, except Sonic Generations apparently has some that I haven't unlocked for whatever reason and I completed that the game. Maybe they'll bring them back for this round of avatars which would be cool.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,546,926
    Posted on 23 April 18 at 12:04
    I'm with the guys above in that Adventure Pals sounds like a must buy based on Jack's appraisal
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 23 April 18 at 22:31
    I am in the minority, but I like the avatars and I wish more games used them. Joy Ride Turbo was cool watching your avatar drive around. What about a special mission in Hitman where you hunted your own avatar? Use your imagination game developers!! I also enjoyed unlocking avatar awards even if I never wore the clothing.
  • triplepowtriplepow219,681
    Posted on 24 April 18 at 13:17
    Avatars on screen is an essential. Although the home page is better space is still wasted and just a place to go elsewhere from.

Rich gets hot under the collar about ...... Pinball ........ !!
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • Mark BMark B980,808
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 15:00
    Shenmue is available for pre-order around £23 so it is quite reasonably priced.
  • MakeMeACoffeeMakeMeACoffee1,209,814
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 16:11
    As a competitionist, please no series achievements!

Series rewards like gears of war 2/3 (or even cross series unlockables - think halo driversuits in forza etc.) would be nice and things like forza hub and uplay rewards that give you stuff for completing other/older games would be nice - but it doesn't need to be achievements. Sounds like an even worse version of the "unlock all other achievements" achievements warning
  • DaveKineticDaveKinetic627,568
    Posted on 27 April 18 at 12:24
    This week's winner is comment number 7 by RaidenIs:
    Adventure Pals looks absolutely hysterical!
    Congrats! Check your inbox for the list of games you can choose from.
    TA Social Manager | Newshound | Game Info | Community & Events Team | @DaveKinetic
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.